Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My RS-4 Charcoal  (Read 3905 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »

Sorta new member. Got a couple of posts. Lurker mostly, tho'. I've been a long-time Larrivee fan. My singer has an OMV-05E that we just love. Just an amazing sounding acoustic. We get lots of "what is that guitar" and such. Love to tell them it's a Larrivee. And recently I managed to snag an absolutely beautiful RS-4 Charcoal burst. Gigged it last weekend. Got to say, it's just as lovely and wonderful as Tracy's OM. And now I get the questions about what guitar I'm playing. Well, seriously, I did anyway since I generally play Heritage guitars. And since there is a connection between Heritage and Larrivee, I feel like I'm using a cousin, instead of something totally different. If you're like we are on the HoC, pics are mandatory. So, here it is. My new to me '09 RS-4 Charcoal Burst. (pics taken in very bright sunlight, allow for color bleed)

Okay, adding this one because I just love the Larrivee headstock. Oh, and I'm in the picture!!

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »

welcome  ooooooooooooooooooooooh nice guitar

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »

Donuts? Help a newbie out, here. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »

Donuts? Help a newbie out, here. 

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll stay awhile. If you'll read the rules you'll discover there is an initiation that requires 'noobs' to bring donuts in their first post. We're real strict on that rule (look around and see how many of us are fat!). Here, I'll start you off with a sugar coated and a cup of Joe: 

Again, welcome to the forum.

f

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll stay awhile. If you'll read the rules you'll discover there is an initiation that requires 'noobs' to bring donuts in their first post. We're real strict on that rule (look around and see how many of us are fat!). Here, I'll start you off with a sugar coated and a cup of Joe: 

Again, welcome to the forum.

f

Here's a link http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=13181.0

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »

Huh, I actually did read some of the rules before posting. Wonder how I missed the donuts? Hey, here you go! I like good donuts and happy to share.

And just to go with the donuts, a cup 'o joe! 

Kenny

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »

tulk1

Great.  now that you've completed your initiation we will be sending you the info concerning the secret handshake, password, and the key to the members washroom   
OutWithTheBlue

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »

things gorgeoussss

04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
Anyone's Everything.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

Its a beauty...I thik that is my favorite color for the RS4

I did anyway since I generally play Heritage guitars. And since there is a connection between Heritage and Larrivee, I feel like I'm using a cousin, instead of something totally different

What's the connection between Larrivee and Heritage?

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:32 PM »

Its a beauty...I thik that is my favorite color for the RS4

What's the connection between Larrivee and Heritage?
During the way back times when Heritage was first incorporated, Larrivee provided the bodies for their acoustic guitars. Larrivee built the bodies, Heritage built the necks and did the finishing. Heritage acoustics are rather rare (compared to their other models) and very well thought of by those that have them. Hence, the connection between the two companies.

Hmmm, did I mention I have an RS-2, as well? '10 model, dual HBs, white. Great guitar! Needs the fret ends dressed, but that is rather minor. Still playing it. My "guy" could take up to 6 weeks to finish the fret ends; not sure I want to be without it that long. 

Kenny

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »

During the way back times when Heritage was first incorporated, Larrivee provided the bodies for their acoustic guitars. Larrivee built the bodies, Heritage built the necks and did the finishing. Heritage acoustics are rather rare (compared to their other models) and very well thought of by those that have them. Hence, the connection between the two companies.

I was not knowing!!!!!!!!! Very Interesting indeed.

welcome tulk1  nice to have you aboard. Don't be shy about your RS 2  gotpics?

Also you might consider an RS 4 with the P90's  drool

Once again welcome and very nice guitar

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »

Very nice guitar! Congrats (on BOTH your Larrivee electrics) and don't forget to check out the 'lectric forum as well.

drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »

I don't generally go for black guitars but that one looks nasty. In a very good way.

So how are you liking the RS-4 ?
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »

I don't generally go for black guitars but that one looks nasty. In a very good way.

So how are you liking the RS-4 ?
Paul, I couldn't be more pleased with it. Light in weight, not in tone. The neck pickup is not dark or muddy like so many neck HBs can be. I found myself playing most in the neck and neck/tween the other night. Only dropping to the bridge for the heavier, nastier leads. Lots of transparency and note definition in this bad boy. In contrast, the RS-2 I'm not that fond of the bridge position. Even tho' they have the same pickups (I think). It gets too bright/brittle. I have to roll the tone down to about 5. But, in the tween position it's every bit as wonderful as the RS-4. Explain that one!!

These RS models rival my favorite Prospect. And I think you know how much I love that guitar.  Hard choices.  rolleye

Kenny

markslife

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »

Congrats! love it man - thanks for showing it off -

think I'll go play a bit now

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
scdreger

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »

Congrats! I have one just like that. I love it!

2009 Bourgeois Vintage D
2010 Santa Cruz 000-1929 Sunburst
2009 Martin OM-28V
2009 Larrivée RS-4 – Charcoal Burst
2008 Larrivee A-33 Mandolin
2010 Larrivée Forum IV #19
2009 Larrivée Forum III #72, Spruce/mahogany
2001 Larrivée DO3R

Ukes:
Collings UT1
Ko'olau T-1
KoAloha Super Concert
KoAloha Concert
KoAloha Soprano
Kanilea custom
sheatone

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »

nice guitar I've had my eye on one of these for a while.  drool
wilblee

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »

Congratulaions, tulk1!! That is a gorgeous example of a fantastic guitar.

How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: