A plug for Bob Colosi

Started by jimmyb, March 10, 2011, 05:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: broKen on March 11, 2011, 01:09:50 PM

What radius should a saddle be made at for a compound radius fretboard?

Ideally the same as the larger radius of the last (21st) fret with the radius of the nut being the same as the radius of the 1st fret.
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

I am having my new WAI saddle installed today by a local luthier. It is a double compensated version for my L-03K. Bob seems open and honest regarding hardness and sound regarding the use of west african ivory. Like one senior member said earlier, it's what I hear that counts and if I think it sounds better with it, how can you refute that?
I will update everyone on the end result after the installation of the new saddle, end pin, strings and neck adjustment/setup. The guy I use is very well known and even the Nashville crowd seeks him out and he lives in my town. Makes it kinda nice, you know? :smile:

Hi GUITARMANDAN,

A few thoughts come to mind:

• Do you have any way to record the sound of the guitar BEFORE you get the work done?

• QuoteOriginally posted by GUITARMANDAN:
    after the installation of the new saddle, end pin, strings and neck adjustment/setup.

Although I doubt the new end pin will make a difference in the sound, the other things may or may not. But it will be nigh on impossible to know what is contributing to any differences you hear.

• I'd love to hear before and after recordings

No matter what happens - I hope you enjoy your guitar immensely when you get it back.