Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew Larrivee Interview- Larrivee Custom Built Humbuckers For RS-4!  (Read 2918 times)
macsmojado

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »

Here is the most informative reading you will find about Matthew Larrivee and how he decided
to design and build the "Larrivee Custom HB's" for the Larrivee RS-4! It was exactly what I
needed to read to feel confident that I will be a "HAPPY CAMPER" as they say with the
tone that is delivered by the Custom Wound HB's that Matt is building! A must read for anyone
seriously considering a purchase of the RS-4!It will give you a whole new appreciation of
your RS-4 with the Larrivee Custom built HB's! bigrin

Here is the link directly to the 12th Fret where the interview is with Matthew Larrivee and
Dan Charman of 12th Fret!

http://www.12fret.com/new/Larrivee_RS-4_electric_guitar_Jun9pg.html

Mac

Mac Baker
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:50 AM »

That was a great interview and only the second person I would buy a pickup from and I don't like humbucker pickups.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:25:35 AM »

That was a great interview and only the second person I would buy a pickup from and I don't like humbucker pickups.

But Uncle we know you luv P90's & these new Larrivee P90's are sweeeeeeeeeeeet. You get one of these in your hands and you'll be gassin!!!!!!! I just know it!!!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:59 AM »

If he did as much research on the P90's as he did on the humbuckers yes I would love them.The problem for me is that the guitar style doesn't do anything for me.The RS4 that came thru my shop had the Larrivee pickups which I'm glad for,I am not a fan of Lollars they sound harsh to me.

Give me three steps everyone,I my not have blond hair but I am a fat fellow.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:00:09 PM »

You can rest assured the P90's are as researched and carefully put together as his ( Larrivee ) Humbucker.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
elusive

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »

Keep in mind that that interview with Matthew was done over a year ago. At that time they were using the Alnico 2 and 4 magnets but they dropped those for the Alnico 6 and 8 magnets which I am sure sound different. I will be trying one in a week or so. If anyone has had the chance to compare please tell your opinion
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »

Dang you all! I'm feeling inconsolable that I only have Jason Lollar Imperials in my RS-4.   blush   crying
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 12:32:35 AM »

Dang you all! I'm feeling inconsolable that I only have Jason Lollar Imperials in my RS-4.   blush   crying

Duck the solution is way too simple, get a RS 4 P90 and have them throw in a set of the Larrivee Hummers        Thus you will have all the bases covered by switching out the JL's when you want

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 01:15:55 AM »

Duck the solution is way too simple, get a RS 4 P90 and have them throw in a set of the Larrivee Hummers        Thus you will have all the bases covered by switching out the JL's when you want

The thing is I really  like this RS-4 just the way it is. Maybe I'll be on the lookout for a used RS-4 with Larrivée pups later in the year. This is getting to be like an obsession or something. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: