Anyone had difficulty contacting Larrivee recently?

Started by ewalling, February 26, 2011, 08:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've had a guitar on order from Larrivee for some time. This last week, though, no one has been answering the phone, responding to messages, or answering emails.

Is there something I should that might account for this seemingly cavalier attitude?

Larrivee is not a dealer....who did you order it from?  Call them.

Quote from: Walkerman on February 26, 2011, 08:22:56 AM
Larrivee is not a dealer....who did you order it from?  Call them.

:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: ewalling on February 26, 2011, 08:06:15 AM
I've had a guitar on order from Larrivee for some time. This last week, though, no one has been answering the phone, responding to messages, or answering emails.

Is there something I should that might account for this seemingly cavalier attitude?

They must be underrstaffed for customer relations. Lack of communication has been a common thread for a while. I sent an email a couple weeks ago and half expect it will never get a reply from what I know.
L-03 Italian Spruce

I've emailed Larrivee several times in the past with no response.  Aggravating.  Customer service seems to be a weak point for Larrivee IMHO.
L03R(e)
Taylor 314CE
Taylor 312CE

Quote from: boat on February 26, 2011, 09:28:48 AM
I've emailed Larrivee several times in the past with no response.  Aggravating.  Customer service seems to be a weak point for Larrivee IMHO.

They obviously have nobody assigned to deal with this stuff.
L-03 Italian Spruce

The subject you use in your emails makes all the difference.  Put "Larrivee" and your model # or something similar to indicate it is not SPAM.  I've had no problems with communication since doing this.
If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?

Practice is the art of learning to play what you hear in your head.

2004 Larrivee OOO-50
1965 Gibson F-25
???? Selmer Combo (saved from garbage can)
'94/'95 G&L Legacy (George Fullerton Sig. Ed.)
1980? Carvin CM130
1979 Fender Pro

I emailed last year asking for build info on a guitar I no longer own but never got a response.
More than I deserve.

I am not questioning the lack of response to e-mail that any other forum members have experienced but only recounting my personal experience.

I've e-mailed Larrivee 7 or 8 times in the last 5 years including twice in December 2010 and have always received a response within 24 or 48 hours. When I go through my Larrivee dealer, he can answer most of my questions but if not and he has to call, he gets back to me in a few days with an answer.

The same holds true with my experiences with Martin's customer service.

Quote from: teh on February 26, 2011, 10:16:07 AM
I am not questioning the lack of response to e-mail that any other forum members have experienced but only recounting my personal experience.

I've e-mailed Larrivee 7 or 8 times in the last 5 years including twice in December 2010 and have always received a response within 24 or 48 hours. When I go through my Larrivee dealer, he can answer most of my questions but if not and he has to call, he gets back to me in a few days with an answer.

This has been my experience also :wave
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I just get a dozen Master's doughnuts, pop over to Yarnell Place, and I get pretty quick responses......especially if the mix is heavy on chocolate ones..... :gotdonuts: :humour:

What phone # you been calling?  And, what time/time zone are you calling from?

Consult Your Dealer
All Larrivee authorized dealers are qualified to advise you regarding the details of processing a repair or return. Contact your dealer first, before proceeding with any other action, to obtain a Return Authorization number. It is important to note that all returns must be preceded by a Return Authorization (RA) number. Returns that do not have a valid RA number number prominently displayed on the carton will be rejected and returned freight-collect to the point of origin. Obtaining an RA number is the responsibility of the dealer. Larrivee will not accept repair or return claims direct from end-user customers except in the event the dealer who originally sold the guitar is no longer accessible to that end user. If this is the case please call our number listed in the customer service section"

From the Larrivee return authorization section on their web site, find an authorized dealer to make the call. If you don't like the place you bought from go to another to have them make the call. Your call, and or e-mails regarding warranty work are likely in a dark abyss waiting for your dealer to pick up the phone. I would imagine shipping to the dealer would meet with the same attitude.
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

I emailed on the 21st, last Monday, regarding some queries I had with RS-2 options and got a reply two days later.  :thumbsup

Some time ago a lot of people didn't get responses to their email. This turned out to be a server problem. When I resent my query, Matthew answered me personally. I dont think anyone is being cavalier.

Quote from: Michael T on February 26, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

Consult Your Dealer
All Larrivee authorized dealers are qualified to advise you regarding the details of processing a repair or return. Contact your dealer first, before proceeding with any other action, to obtain a Return Authorization number. It is important to note that all returns must be preceded by a Return Authorization (RA) number. Returns that do not have a valid RA number number prominently displayed on the carton will be rejected and returned freight-collect to the point of origin. Obtaining an RA number is the responsibility of the dealer. Larrivee will not accept repair or return claims direct from end-user customers except in the event the dealer who originally sold the guitar is no longer accessible to that end user. If this is the case please call our number listed in the customer service section"

From the Larrivee return authorization section on their web site, find an authorized dealer to make the call. If you don't like the place you bought from go to another to have them make the call. Your call, and or e-mails regarding warranty work are likely in a dark abyss waiting for your dealer to pick up the phone. I would imagine shipping to the dealer would meet with the same attitude.

My situation is that I had a PV-09E on special order through Dave Schmidt at Guitar Adoptions. When the guitar arrived in late January I was unhappy about the neck angle on the guitar. The action was medium with virtually no saddle, and when I did the straight edge test, the ruler hit the bridge about halfway up. The guitar seemed like a neck reset waiting to happen and there is no way I would ever buy a guitar in that state brand new. When I called Dave, he was reluctant to accept a return and put me in contact directly with Cory at Larrivee. Cory seemed a great guy, and when I explained the situation, he said that Larrivee would replace the guitar. It is for this reason that I have been trying to communicate directly with Larrivee rather than Dave Schmidt.

The rock and the hard place.Cory might have contacted Dave to handle the problem and as you have stated he is reluctant to be involved and might have passed on what he needs to do.Contact Dave again and if you get no responce contact Cory for a dealer in you area who may be able to help even if you didn't buy from them.If they don't balk at helping you then I'd say you've found a better dealer to work with.If that doesn't work call Cory again and ask him to intervine on your behalf so that the matter can be taken care of.Goodluck.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on February 26, 2011, 10:28:01 PM
The rock and the hard place.Cory might have contacted Dave to handle the problem and as you have stated he is reluctant to be involved and might have passed on what he needs to do.Contact Dave again and if you get no responce contact Cory for a dealer in you area who may be able to help even if you didn't buy from them.If they don't balk at helping you then I'd say you've found a better dealer to work with.If that doesn't work call Cory again and ask him to intervine on your behalf so that the matter can be taken care of.Goodluck.

Thanks. I'll try and contact Larrivee again on Monday, and if I meet with the stone wall I encountered this week, I'll get back to Dave Schmidt. The problem about hassles like these is that the longer they go on and the more the frustrations mount, the more you just wish you'd gone for a good old Martin at good old Elderly! 

Unfortunately I understand completely.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Something is up. No one does business like that.   

Martin answers their phones btw.

No excuse for not acting immediately.   

Something is up.
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

I think the title of this thread is unfair, but anyone who reads it may reflect more on GA's role than on Larrivee's. I'd like to see Dave weigh in here, and explain his side.
Policies regarding returns and repair should be clear as far as the role of the manufacturer, dealer and the customer. If there are exceptions, that should be clear. If there are too many exceptions, can we still call it a policy?