Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone had difficulty contacting Larrivee recently?  (Read 15863 times)
leftync

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »

I've always believed this is a consumer's forum, and I agree that consumers with legitimate complaints should not be attacked like blasphemers. That said, I still think the use of the word "ignored" is unfortunate as applied to Larrivee here.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

I've always believed this is a consumer's forum, and I agree that consumers with legitimate complaints should not be attacked like blasphemers. That said, I still think the use of the word "ignored" is unfortunate as applied to Larrivee here.

Maybe "Anyone else having trouble contacting Larrivee recently?"

I think the OP had a legitimate gripe and if he felt like he was ignored he could have stated so in his post, I don't think he needed a subject line with as much "shock value".  I still don't understand why Dave didn't take care of his problems, or why Dave didn't address his side of the story in this thread. His last visit was 3/2/11 so I'm sure he has seen this thread.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »

The dealer is the contact person between the customer and the factory plan and simple.Did he step over some sort of line,I don't think so.He wasn't getting a responce from his dealer and he wasn't getting a responce from the factory.What went on between GA and Larrivee we don't know.All we know was he wasn't getting a responce for an instrument he bought in good faith that was defective.Attacking him was in my eye's over the line.It took posting on the forum to get any reaction.I applaid Matt for going the extra mile and responding here when it wasn't his job but the job of the dealer,which say's volumn about the dealer.I glad so many have had good dealings with this dealer but with the OP he dropped the ball and its not the first time that it has been reported that the dealer dropped the ball.So lets step off the attack's because it ended up being the only way he could any info on a defective instrument he paid for from the dealer he bought it from.If it was me I would have posted something that would have gotten me kicked off this forum.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »

The dealer is the contact person between the customer and the factory plan and simple.Did he step over some sort of line,I don't think so.He wasn't getting a responce from his dealer and he wasn't getting a responce from the factory.What went on between GA and Larrivee we don't know.All we know was he wasn't getting a responce for an instrument he bought in good faith that was defective.Attacking him was in my eye's over the line.It took posting on the forum to get any reaction.I applaid Matt for going the extra mile and responding here when it wasn't his job but the job of the dealer,which say's volumn about the dealer.I glad so many have had good dealings with this dealer but with the OP he dropped the ball and its not the first time that it has been reported that the dealer dropped the ball.So lets step off the attack's because it ended up being the only way he could any info on a defective instrument he paid for from the dealer he bought it from.If it was me I would have posted something that would have gotten me kicked off this forum.

+1 unclrob

Perhaps the fanboys should read twice and try to be a little more objective, like the old adage says 'walk a mile in my shoes".

gtrplayer
jandrew

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »

+1 unclrob

Perhaps the fanboys should read twice and try to be a little more objective, like the old adage says 'walk a mile in my shoes".

... and then you can be nasty because you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes! :)

cheers,
andrew

Andrew J.
Larrivee L-07 / DR sunbeams 13s
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »

... and then you can be nasty because you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes! :)

cheers,
andrew

...or buy him a decent pair so he won't complain so much. 

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »

I don't wear shoe's if I don't have have to,even then I wear slippers.I prefer being barefoot or when its cols sox'z.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »

Most of mine have steel toes whistling

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »

Nothing wrong with hunting for a solution creatively or addressing it on the forum if needed - I just know that most of us have had over-the-top great dealings with Larrivee company and wanted to state that in response to the heading.

The late musician Rich Mullins said: when I was kid and we got in a fight, the winner rode the loser home on his handelbars afterward............thats the cool thing about most members on here. Let's get on home now boys.............

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2011, 05:21:26 AM »

BTW.......I AM trying to be a thread ender in this case, but I feel that "ewalling" should have the final words if so desired (Please do so in a way not intended to raise the heckles from us fanboys)

Happy pickin to you

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
Sherm

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2011, 05:34:35 AM »

I emailed a question about a used Larrivee I was interested in to info@Larrivee last night and got a reply first thing in the morning from Mike Kitchen.

Sherm

OM-10
1979 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Fender Strat Plus
Hohner Headless
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »

I emailed a question about a used Larrivee I was interested in to info@Larrivee last night and got a reply first thing in the morning from Mike Kitchen.

Sherm

Nice to see both sides of the coin.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
ewalling

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2011, 05:01:27 PM »

BTW.......I AM trying to be a thread ender in this case, but I feel that "ewalling" should have the final words if so desired (Please do so in a way not intended to raise the heckles from us fanboys)

Happy pickin to you

Okay, just to reiterate: I never had any wish to wound Larrivee or compromise the honor of loyal Larrivee fans here on the forum. In fact, as I said, I have considered myself a Larrivee fan myself, this being the fourth Larrivee I've bought and all from Guitar Adoptions. What I was interested to know was whether anyone else had experienced the frustration I had in my purchase of the PV-09. My previous purchases had all gone through without a hitch and so there was no way of knowing how the factory or the dealer dealt with inevitable hiccups when they arose. Having waited a long time for the first guitar to be delivered (problems with the paint supplier), and then having received the one that slipped under the radar (which will happen at any factory, no matter how reputable), I did not think it unreasonable to expect to be kept in the picture about when the eventual guitar would be ready. I was not expecting the guitar to be rushed through as a priority, and nor did I expect to be dealt with as soon as I made my inquiry to Larrivee. What I did expect was that they would do what they said they would do. If work is busy and it's impossible to get back to customers within a few days, say so. We're not unreasonable people who have to be attended to immediately. But I do think if a company makes a verbal commitment to answer a query and then, after repeated phone calls or emails, does not, then I think it justifiable to feel slighted and be curious as to whether this is a trend or a one-off. The response I have received here from many members assures me that this was a one-off, and I was especially gratified to hear the response and update from Mathew.

I am sure that the PV-09, when it arrives, will more than make up for this unusual glitch and prove that Larrivee fully deserves its status as a guitar maker up there with the best of 'em!
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: