Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone had difficulty contacting Larrivee recently?  (Read 15882 times)
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:18 AM »

Okay, John, I've taken up your recommendation and re-read the thread - still makes sense to me, I'm afraid. And while we're making free with unwanted advice, I'd suggest that you ask yourself whether the people you say are in a hackle-heightened state are really justified in holding me responsible. This is an instrument forum and such places exist partly so that people can air their musical laundry, be this fragrant or niffy. If I'd opened a thread waxing lyrical about the immaculate treatment I'd received, would you have accused me of airing my lilywhite laundry in public? The 'real world', as you put it, includes both positive and negative experiences and by recognizing only the good, do you really think you are 'living in the real world?

If a person feels aggrieved in some way in their purchase of a Larrivee guitar, I think it is perfectly legiitimate and reasonable for them to open a thread on a Larrivee forum and ask whether this is a one-off or a trend. I'm reasonably satisfied by a number of responses here that this is, in fact, a one-off. I also think that posts in which people say they've had dealings with a company and things were perfect don't always add up to a lot; it's how they react when things don't fall into place that really sets a great company above the others, in my view.

Please stay on topic.  You asked for advice and I offered it.  This thread isn't about me.

John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2011, 03:11:36 AM »

Have a or 

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »

Please stay on topic.  You asked for advice and I offered it.  This thread isn't about me.

John

Ummm...actually, the OP did NOT ask for advice, nor could I find a shred of advice in your post. And you're correct, this thread is not about you.

I am glad that the situation with the OP's guitar has been handled.

Jimmy

The kids:
Eastman Pagelli PG2 archtop
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Kanilea K3 Koa Super Concert
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Claro Walnut)
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Koa)
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2011, 05:02:54 AM »

The simple lesson I learned from this is that I would be extremely cautious about buying from GA - It's doesn't take a great retailer to take a great product from a manufacturer, charge more money for it, and then slap a shipping label on it and ship it off to a customer. You define a great retailer by their actions when the customer has a problem, or receives a product that doesn't meet their expectations. You hope it doesn't happen, but it does occasionally, and great retailers prove their worth by how they deal with it. And stories like this help potential new customers become aware of some dealers - regardless of their volume - who are happy to keep their money and but not willing to make any effort if there is a problem.

This is not the first time I've read on this forum about a very similar situation with the same dealer - and Larrivee has stepped up again and taken care of it ( which is a mark of a great company ), but in the meantime the customer is left hanging without their money or the guitar they thought they were buying. And maybe it's the forums involvement that's part of how it gets taken care of - I can't speculate.

But I am glad that the customer will end up getting the guitar they wanted and will be happy - and if telling the story here helped make that happen, then its not a bad thing.

BRAVO! Spoken like a real statesman and diplomat. Your Papa should be proud.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

"....But I am glad that the customer will end up getting the guitar they wanted and will be happy - and if telling the story here helped make that happen, then its not a bad thing......"

If one reads Matthew's response, one realizes that "telling the story here" had nothing to do with getting his replacement guitar.  Nothing.  The replacement guitar was already made, and Larrivee was simply waiting for a proper shipment of finish.  I'll say it again; questioning the process is OK....but the title of this thread is out of line.  ANd I think a few posters have touched on the real nut of this thing...GA, and their response, or lack thereof.
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »

Ummm...actually, the OP did NOT ask for advice, nor could I find a shred of advice in your post. And you're correct, this thread is not about you.

I am glad that the situation with the OP's guitar has been handled.

Jimmy

This isn't asking for advice??????

"...Is there something I should(sic) that might account for this seemingly cavalier attitude?"

This isn't giving advice????

"...I would recommend re-reading what you are about to post and ask yourself if it makes sense, or if it will annoy a bunch of people..."

Is there something....asking

I would recommend...giving
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »

This isn't asking for advice??????

"...Is there something I should(sic) that might account for this seemingly cavalier attitude?"

This isn't giving advice????

"...I would recommend re-reading what you are about to post and ask yourself if it makes sense, or if it will annoy a bunch of people..."

Is there something....asking

I would recommend...giving

I am glad it is resolved, beyond that, if you are bothered by the title, that's your choice (although this situation wasn't happening to you). I understand the OP's frustration, more and quicker communication by Dave or Larrivee and this thread would not have happened.

Jimmy

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »

I am glad it is resolved, beyond that, if you are bothered by the title, that's your choice (although this situation wasn't happening to you). I understand the OP's frustration, more and quicker communication by Dave or Larrivee and this thread would not have happened.

Jimmy

+1

The fan boys have a low tolerance for any perceived criticism.
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »

+1

The fan boys have a low tolerance for any perceived criticism.

Amen. I posted some time ago about a fret issue with my (then) new P-09 (now departed) and you would have thought I posted about someone's mom (it was somehow my fault that 40% of the frets on my new Larrivee had to be re-seated and leveled after 2 months).

Jimmy

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
jimmyb

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »

You're correct, I will bail out now before Frau Blucher comes calling (BTW, "Blucher" does not mean "glue", it was just Mel Brooks having some fun)

Jimmy

The kids:
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Mainland Tenor
Willie W
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:15 AM »

When I am with my Larrivees - my wife always says she's being ignored  

Only email I ever sent was followed up with an outstanding, personal phone call from Matt the next day.

BTW...whoever was getting onto the fan boys: I heard there is a member opening over at the Martin Forum.

Anyone using fanboy as their login?! It's tempting

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
AdventureGuide

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »

I've had a guitar on order from Larrivee for some time. This last week, though, no one has been answering the phone, responding to messages, or answering emails.

Is there something I should that might account for this seemingly cavalier attitude?

I know that Matthew was out sick for a day or two last week.  He STILL got a small part sent out to me, though.  Larrivee Customer Service has always been top-notch as far as I am concerned!  Try them again.  I know that they really appreciate us loyal Larrivee owners!

Cheers!

Jim

Larrivee J-10-Koa "The Goddess"
Larrivee J-10-FM (Custom "Larrivee and Vine" Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee J-10 (w/Celtic Knot Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee Parlour - Mahogany

See "The Goddess" at www.mccrain.net/koa.
markyboy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 02:45:53 AM »

No but my Mortgage broker does...

2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!
petevee

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »

So let me get this straight, Larrivee builds and then ships a guitar with a bad neck angle to Guitar Adoptions, Dave than either does not examine the guitar or doesn't care about the condition and ships the faulty guitar to the OP so he can collect his money, upon receiving the faulty guitar the OP calls Dave who then tells him it's a warranty issue and leaves him to deal with the factory. The OP does so but does not hear back from the factory until he posts here. Have I got this right so far? If so than the title of this thread is accurate enough imo..
LoMa

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that a dealer would send out a defective guitar to a customer?
Does it seem odd that the quality control folks at Larrivee would send out a defective guitar to a dealer?

Neither scenario seems to be too good to me, to be honest, but worse that it was the customer who had deal with the fall-out....
I guess I expect more when I plunk down my money.

I guess this is kinda flogging a dead horse...
I promise to behave now...

-Larrivee P-05 all quilted mahogany hogtop parlor
-Larrivee Special Edition Rosewood & sitka parlor
-Martin 0-15s slothead hogtop 12 fretter
-Martin 00-28v rosewood & adirondack
-Martin CEO-7 rosewood & adirondack

FOR SALE:
-Larrivee 00-3r short 24-3/4" scale, rosewood binding, Colosi bone nut & saddle. Very lush with overtones! $900 + shi
DreadStar

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:33 AM »

I recently sent them an email with my serial number and asked them to tell me the manufacture date for my 97 D-03, and they sent me the info within 48 hrs. I was very pleased! Great service!

1997 Larrivee D-03 with  Fishman Matrix Natural pickup
1970 Yamaha G-60
abalone at last

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »

Sorry man.. can't blame you for fuming but... My customer relations question was answered right away and it was good news to boot. Lets put it this way do you want them to rush build your guitar or take their time and do it right. I think if they don't answer it means they don't have good news for you. Go buy a taylor if your in a hurry. or wait a while and get a real fingerpickers guitar.

2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric
bertrand

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »

I am very glad ewalling made this post. There was absolutely nothing out of line in his assessment of the situation. I would have been just as frustrated. Thankfully, Matthew Larrivee provided the needed information, took the blame for the mix up, and demonstrated that Larrivee guitars is indeed a top-notch professional organization that cares about their customers.

What I find unfortunate are the attacks on ewalling for airing his concerns. I want to know about such incidents and I want to know how they are handled. In this case we found out. I'm old fashioned and still believe in the antiquated notion that customer service matters...a lot. It's good to see that Larrivee Guitars agrees with me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: