New Multiscale Guitar

Started by asp, February 07, 2011, 05:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wow, ok, it's done... I'll take some good pics next days. Let me play it and set it up and I'll post a sound sample too.

Hey, that guitar looks all crooked--you been drinkin'?   :humour:

That bridge is like a piece of sculpture on there, and the mosaic rosette another artist's touch...Absolutely wonderful!

DANG. what a BEAUT.  :nice guitar:

looking forward to the sound clip!
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

...many thanks!! ahhaah, yes I was drinking very good wine while making it... :guitar

Quote from: BenF on March 31, 2011, 06:19:05 AM
Really awesome looking guitar. Love the bridge detailing.

:+1: Awesome Luca - congratulations!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: asp on May 24, 2011, 01:43:10 PM
...many thanks!! ahhaah, yes I was drinking very good wine while making it... :guitar

I want some of that stuff too...
:winkin:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

That's a beautiful instrument.
What is the scale length variation? I play bass and have a 5 string Dingwall; the scale varies from 37" on the low B to 32" on the G. It's a little extreme on the lowest notes and tight at the top end, but very easy to adjust to. And the tone is to die for!
:coffee :coffee :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee

hey there,
scale is 26" to 25"... not extreme... let me say, very balanced tone... I'm very happy about the result. I'll post some sound sample soon.
thanks everybody for taking time to have a look.

The other question I should have asked - how is the tension between the strings? That's one of the advantages of the fanned fret neck...

Quote from: killerteddybear on May 25, 2011, 10:08:16 PM
The other question I should have asked - how is the tension between the strings? That's one of the advantages of the fanned fret neck...

you have a good tension on the bass strings so you get a better sound on low tunings such as DADGAD, while having the same sweetness and an amazing low tension on high strings given by the 25" scale... at least it's the way I feel it.

Some awesome shots in there, and that bridge is just stunning.  :thumbsup

Okay... so the nut appears to be perpendicular and then the frets fan as you reach the bridge.
The Dingwall bass is different; the seventh fret is 'normal' and the frets fan in both directions. You therfore have an angled nut.
Initially it looks intimidating but it's very playable.

If it loads successfully, here's a pic of a Dingwall 6 string next to my Kinal 5 (35" scale):

[attachment deleted by admin]

the nut it's not perpendicular it's slightly angled, but the difference between the two scales it's only 1". The perpendicular fret it's the 6th, so the frets are more angled to the end of the fretboard. nice instruments, by the way  :cheers

:nice guitar:
Great looking and sounding guitar, asp.  :thumb
(I'm listening to it now.)

I played a fan fret built by Tim McKnight recently, and was very favorably impressed.
Felt completely natural to my fretting hand. Didn't even have to think about it.

I'm glad you took time to listen and look... and of course I'm very proud you like my guitar...  :thumbsup
About the multiscale easy of use... I completely agree with you. Absolutely natural with no issue at all and an amazing rich and detailed sound.
I'm starting now to build a new one full body and again multiscale. Good solution. Good feeling.