Ear Plugs for LOUD rock bands

Started by bearsville0, January 30, 2011, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I went to hear Johnny Winter last night. I haven't been to see an all electric band in over ten years and my ears are ringing today!  Don't know why they need it that loud but in the future I'll have to take something to tone it down to protect my hearing and be able to enjoy more of the concert.

Any recommendations for hearing aids that don't eliminate quality but just lowers the volume?

Many thanks for your consideration. :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut

If it sounds good, it is good.

I find the little foam earplugs that you twist in your fingers, stick in your ears and they expand to work great.

I know what you mean about it being to loud, I have sat right in front of the mixer before and wondered what they were thinking. It is usually  distorted at that volume and doesn't sound as good as it could.   I recall it was either the Doobie Bros the Allman Bros that was like that.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

bearsville, at the risk of this sounding like a commercial, the company I work for makes Musician's earplugs, which do exactly what you ask- lower the volume, but they don't sacrifice the quality.

All foam type earplugs attenuate the mid and high frequencies much more than low frequencies.  That's why things sound muffled when you use them; including music.

However, musician's earplugs attenuate all frequencies evenly - it just sounds like someone turned down the volume.

Here's a link for you:  http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/hearing-protection-products

I use the custom model with a 15 dB filter in them.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Hey Scott that's exactly what I had in mind. So glad to know they exist. I put some in my cart at Amazon for the next time. Much obliged to you! Sure wish I had some last Saturday, the loudness definitely took away some of the fun.

:bowdown:
If it sounds good, it is good.

I still use cotton balls.Though those plug's look interesting.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help