Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Those Who Missed Out on the Short Scale 00-03R's  (Read 658 times)
zpcm04

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »

Spoke with Ted at LA Guitar Sales today.  During the conversation I mentioned how much I still enjoy the short scale 00-03R that I bought from him last year.  I went on to note that I have seen a couple folks here comment they wish they could find one.  He told me that he plans to order another run later in the summer.

Knowing my luck, he'll do it with a cutaway  crying
identicalstranger

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 03:45:47 AM »

I emailed Ted last week to ask him if he had any of these stashed away, or knew of anyone who wanted to part with theirs. Haven't heard back yet, so I am glad to see your post here! That gives me hope that I can pick one of these up sooner than later.....that is if I don't buy something else in the meantime  bigrin

I have major GAS for a short scale, 12 fretter for some reason. The older I get (just had my 50th) the more desire I have to become a passable fingerstyle player. I figure I might as well own something built for the style. 

I have exchanged messages with a couple of forum members who have expressed some interest in selling theirs, but it seems no one is quite ready to give up on theirs yet. It sounds like they might be having trouble bonding....been there, done that....one too many times.

While I am dreaming (I also know one of the goals with the original run was to keep the cost down), I have really been gravitating to the look and feel of a slot head. You'll have to forgive my ignorance, as I have never owned one, or even played one until a couple weeks ago, but I think they are really pleasing to the eye. I have seen some of the OO-50's with a slot head (and I believe 12 frets to the body), and they are certainly more expensive. I don't know if there would be any interest in offering that as an option?

Anyway, if any of you other OO-03R owners are thinking about parting with yours, I'd be interested in hearing from you. I am busy trying to sell a couple of my electrics (BEAUTIFUL 1991 Strat Ultra and a collector 1989 PRS CE-24) to raise some capital, but I would be more than willing to do a trade + cash if someone had an OO-03R and wanted a quality electric.

Larrivee L-10 SE
2004 Larrivee 00-09
2000 Larrivee P-01R
Gibson L-1 Robert Johnson Model
Martin 0-15S
Breedlove OOO-SR/H
Breedlove  AC250/CR
Tacoma Roadking
1984 Sigma DR-28H - for sale
Godin A6 - for sale
1994 Telecaster Deluxe Plus
1949 Airline Lapsteel
Fender Cyclone (MIM) - my bar guitar
1978 Ovation Applause - my first guitar - ca
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:59:26 AM »

The OOV-03 mahogany's are spectacular...  or at least mine is. 

Ed
zpcm04

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »

identicaistranger,
You may want to check on the scale length of the 00-50.  I think it was a standard scale length. 

I recall someone noting that Ted's runs of 00 short scales were the first short scale 00's that Larrivee had made.

I, too, am 50ish.  I find the combination of small body and short scale are real winner for an aging body.  It's now my only guitar.
PCT57

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:14 PM »

I would lurve to have one of these but there is not much chance here in the UK and shipping is excessive  angry - thats why I swapped my OM-50 for a short scale Brook.

Will watch with interest though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: