Another new recording, Rain

Started by jpmist, January 13, 2011, 07:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This one's a bit more atmospheric.

Rain

This was recorded with my LSV-11e (acoustically) and if anyone is willing I'd appreciate some feedback on a few things.

The B string seems 10 times louder to my ear and the bass is a bit dark and muted Yes? No? I ask because my hearing isn't all that great and I don't trust it to eq stuff. I may need to work on it some more.

I have an alternate version here. The first version above is double tracked with two nearly exact takes. They differ just enough to give it an interesting spatial effect with headphones, but I dunno if it works listening with speakers.

The second version is just one of the tracks left and right with a fractional delay on one of them. Which does anyone prefer? Is the second overlapped take in the original version distracting compared to the simpler one tracked version?

Thanks in advance & thanks for listening!
:nanadance :nana_guitar
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

man that kinda takes me back to younger days when we would sit around and,,,well, nevermind. Anyone else smell that? hmm

the title is fitting. thanks, I could listen to that for a long time.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

"Ahem" <grin>, in my younger days . . . .

THx

BTW, it's astonishing to me that I can still be remarkably stupid about things (dunno why this should be an exception), but the booming B string issue solved itself after I filed down the sharp corner of my middle finger nail. Had no idea, but in retrospect, yeah, that's something I need to be mindful of.

Quote from: broKen on January 13, 2011, 11:49:36 PM
man that kinda takes me back to younger days when we would sit around and,,,well, nevermind. Anyone else smell that? hmm

the title is fitting. thanks, I could listen to that for a long time.
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Well, fingernail issue or not the song surely sounds like rain in both versions and after a second listen I decided I liked the dual track version best.  A little static or just recording noise on the beginning and end are heard but the song is very distinctive.  I like it. :winkin:
Larrivee LSV11E Fingerstyle
Martin SW00-DB Machiche LE; Martin LX1E
EJHenderson Koa 00 OMC; Gretch Hawaiian Delux