Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARKLEY SST PICKUP  (Read 496 times)
JohnM2001
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

Anyone tried one?  I remember my tech raving about them years ago, then they were discontinued.  Now they are apparently back See it Here

These supposedly had huge output and sounded great, and are pretty cheap!   Reminds me of the Baggs LB6 that James Taylor uses/used:  a saddle replacement pickup with piezos inside.  The upside seems to be huge ouitput and great in loud volume applications.  Downside seems to be a non-compensated saddle, and you need to replace that nice compensated bone saddle you already paid for.  Not sure if the saddle material sounds any different, probably no difference at amplified level, possibly when playing non amped.

Comments??

I'm curious about them, but why not just keep my compensated bone saddles and install a K&K pickup? 

D-02E
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:43 AM »

I installed a few back when they first came out and yes they are loud.Markley also had a pu called the sweet spot that was as loud which was like any other UTS pu,which theey also discontinued for no real reason.As far as a non compensated saddle thats all I make and use so it wouldn't bother me.The rest of the world maybe with the exception of my clients who are all very happy with the bone saddle's I make.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: