Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Input 2 on stock onboard Baggs Element Notch preamp.  (Read 879 times)
swing604

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »

Hi all.

I've just bought a new LV03RE with an onboard Baggs Element Notch and have noticed there is an extra input 2 on the bottom of the unit. I'm curious if this input is functional on this model (as the Element & Imix may share parts of the same housing) & if so, what kind of pickups are suitable to connect. Has anyone tried adding a pickup?

Thanks.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »

Check the baggs website it my be for an other pickup type or mic.I'm fairly sure that iy works.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
swing604

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »

I couldn't find any info on the Baggs site on this unit.
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:17:39 PM »

I couldn't find any info on the element notch system, although the no-cut system does show an auxiliary passive input (for pickup that does not require power source).

Ron

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »

Send them an email I'm sure they can help you out better then us.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
swing604

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:23:11 PM »

Send them an email I'm sure they can help you out better then us.
Done. I'll post what I find out for anyone who's interested.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:24 AM »

Thanks i really would like to know.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
igrishenko

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »

The E pickup system usually has two seperate pickups. One being the under-saddle pickup that runs through the bridge and directly under the saddle and the other being the LR Baggs I-beam that usually sits underneath the bridge on the bridgeplate. Your pickup system might just be missing one of the two

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »

All Solid wood Construction, Single Piece Mahogany Neck, Canadian Sitka Spruce Sound Board & Bracing, African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge, Canadian Maple Body Binding, Mahogany Back & Sides, Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing, Hand fit Dovetail Neck Joint, Rounded Larrivee Headstock, White Inlaid Larrivee Logo, Multi-Strip Inlaid Rosette, Ping Tuners w/ 18:1 Ratio, Ivoroid Fretboard Binding, Exclusive Beveled Tortis pickguard, Microdot Fretboard Markers, Cleartone Strings, Limited Lifetime warranty, L.R. Baggs Element Notch system (Single Source).

The above was taken from a L-03E description on a guitar sales website.  Single source means only one transducer to me so I would guess all Element Notch systems would come with one.  If there is another input I would say you could add another transducer. IOW if your guitar came with an Element you could add a I Beam or visa versa.
Is there a mixing control?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
igrishenko

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »

Apparently the LR Baggs imix system is currently unavailable to Larrivee (the original, not the no-cut) and the system currently known as the E system is the LR Baggs Stage Pro system which only uses one input. My guess is the guy has the original Imix system which uses both the undersaddle pickup and the Ibeam, but for whatever reason one of the two is missing.
swing604

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 03:55:50 AM »

Apparently the LR Baggs imix system is currently unavailable to Larrivee (the original, not the no-cut) and the system currently known as the E system is the LR Baggs Stage Pro system which only uses one input. My guess is the guy has the original Imix system which uses both the undersaddle pickup and the Ibeam, but for whatever reason one of the two is missing.

The pickup is a single source Element Notch with no mix control which is currently the standard PU option on 3 series models. It does however, have a second input. The Stage Pro looks to be a different model.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 04:04:43 AM »

Maybe we have an oops here.Wrong part shipped,someone pulled it out of the bin installed it and thats that.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
swing604

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 09:07:11 PM »

Here's LR Baggs response to my original question.

The Element-Notch and the iMIX-Notch systems used the same bottom for the preamp housing. I'm sorry to say that, with regards to the Element-Notch system, "Input 2" is an empty hole and not meant to accept any source.

Mystery solved.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »

Thanks for the info.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: