Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fry 000 Custom Build  (Read 6110 times)
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, but one little minor issue has developed.................................. the guitar has been destroyed.
I could not come up with a way to gently "break" the news.  For me, the how and why of this unfortunate accident is truly a moot point.  Nothing from the original build was salvagable, except the desert ironwood fingerboard and bridge, and the tuners.  Brian has started a new build.  One modification with the new build is to slightly alter the cutaway making it a little deeper for easier access resulting in more graceful curves.  I think the look is even more attractive than the original design which I loved.  Has my confidence in Brian been shaken?  No.  A new thread with photos will ensue soon.

DAVE

-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »

What a shame!  crying

Hope the replacement is everything you want.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »

What a shame!  crying

Hope the replacement is everything you want.

Chris--

Thanks.  I'm sure it will all work out for the best.

DAVE

-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »

Dave I'm really sorry to here of the guitars demize.Can't wait to see round 2 and that she make's it tru to your hands.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »

Oh, Dave, I'm so sorry to hear of that misfortune.  I am glad to read that you may end up with a slightly perfected design in the long run.  Speaking of the long run, what is your new completion date?  I'll look forward to the new pictures.  I know wood is only wood, and guitars are only guitars, but I imagine watching a build in progress might be like going through a pregnancy where you get very attached to your baby even before meeting it, and some feeling of loss other than just what delay brings on would occur.  Maybe an over-the-top analogy, okay, way over-the-top, but I can picture it. 

Where does Brian build out of?  In Connecticut?
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

Thats a shame. Did it get destroyed during delivery? It must be hard having waited and then have to wait some more, but they say good things come to those who wait so I'm hoping the best for you.    

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »

Dave I'm really sorry to here of the guitars demize.Can't wait to see round 2 and that she make's it tru to your hands.

Thanks, Rob.  I'm looking forward to round two as well.

DAVE

-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »

Oh, Dave, I'm so sorry to hear of that misfortune.  I am glad to read that you may end up with a slightly perfected design in the long run.  Speaking of the long run, what is your new completion date?  I'll look forward to the new pictures.  I know wood is only wood, and guitars are only guitars, but I imagine watching a build in progress might be like going through a pregnancy where you get very attached to your baby even before meeting it, and some feeling of loss other than just what delay brings on would occur.  Maybe an over-the-top analogy, okay, way over-the-top, but I can picture it. 

Where does Brian build out of?  In Connecticut?

ryler--

Thanks.  I see this experience as a rare opportunity for a "do-over".  The body shape will be more graceful with the modified cutaway, and we have decided to reposition the soundport to the lower bout because of some research which has implied that a port in the upper bout might be somewhat overwhelming in terms of volume since it is so close to the ear.  Theoretically, the lower bout should more accurately represent what those in front are hearing, and might also even enhance the overall tone.  This is all conjecture given that opinions on this topic are very subjective, but to me it is definitely worth the gamble based on what I've learned from others' experiences.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't phased by the loss of the first guitar, but I strongly believe that all things happen for a reason.  I think the first attempt was possibly meant to be a prototype build, a valuable learning experience.

Brian lives and builds in New Jersey.

DAVE

-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
naboz
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »

Yeeouch!
Does he have the same wood planks available?  That was some pretty stuff.
As said; there's a reason... 
gregory70

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »

That's really neat.

What he said^^

ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »

This post is meant to tie in with the new thread "My Fry Custom".  If someone more techno-savvy would be kind enough to link this to the new thread I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance for your assisstance.

DAVE   

-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: