Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ren Ferguson Leaves Gibson Acoustics  (Read 2006 times)
L05HD28

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:05:36 AM »

Just read on another forum that Ren has left Gibson Montana as of Dec 31/2011. Arguably he has been the
largest contributing factor to  bringing Gibson Acoustics back to prominence from the late
1980's to now.
 Rumour has it he is moving to Fender.If this is true I would say Guild guitars (owned by Fender)
are about to make a major statement in the market place !!!.
  It will be interesting to see what they have in mind...... whistling

Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »

Just read on another forum that Ren has left Gibson Montana as of Dec 31/2011. Arguably he has been the
largest contributing factor to  bringing Gibson Acoustics back to prominence from the late
1980's to now.

So did Daniel Roberts, John Walker. Both have their own thing going based on Gibson designs and experience.
Good for him (and Fender)

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »

It would be even better if Fender hired back some of the original Guild employee's.Rens custom work for Gibson was amazing but it never really translated over to regular production.Gibson has since the late 60's the same problem you had to play 50 before you found a good one and 75 before you found one worth the money.This is only my opinion and in the skeem of things means nothing.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: