MARTIN/MFG CUSTOM OOO-15SM MAHOGANY

Started by bix, February 20, 2011, 12:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone own one of these? I should have never sold my 000-15s and thus I'm thinking of getting one of these. I've heard MFG has an impeccable reputation.

Thanks in advance,
Bix

Afraid I can't help from personal experience, but I've had MFG bookmarked for quite some time because of that model.  So far I've been able to resist, but the bookmark remains...

Last week I visited a shop near Springfield, Missouri that has a surprising number of high(er)-end guitars for a small shop in a small town.  The had the same 000-15S on the wall that I played over a year ago (I loved it and don't think it's still there because it's a dog - most of the guitars were there last trip).  Very friendly and helpful guys.  Sticker price hasn't changed, but after this long they might be negotiable?  I hate to post anything else since I've only been there twice and haven't bought a thing, but if interested PM me and I'll give you details.

Sorry, just noticed you aren't able to PM yet.  I don't guess there's any harm in giving out Aurora Music in Aurora, MO?  Again, I can't vouch from experience, but nice guys I've enjoyed talking with.

Thanks for the reply. I may reach out to them... no harm in trying.

Bix

I have purchased two new Martins from MFG including an MFG custom 000-16SRGT. Jon and Sharon Garon (owners) are the best folks I have dealt with when buying a guitar, and I've bought my share. You can't go wrong, and the 000-15sm is a great all mahogany guitar. I believe MFG has added some extras to this version to include Waverly tuners and diamond shaped fret markers.

Check out the Unofficial Martin Forum for some reviews on this one--it is a very popular guitar among the Martin crowd.
10' Martin D-18VS
67' Martin 0-16NY
10' Martin M-36
94' Martin HD-28
12' Martin 00-15M
04' Martin J-15
06' Gibson CJ-165 (Blonde maple)

My main guitar is an MFG custom 12 fret 000-18GE and it's hands down the best guitar I've ever played in its price range. I drove out to MFG to try it out around a year ago. It was a long drive from Miami and in all honesty my mind was made up within about 10 minutes of walking into the shop - the 'afternoon spent trying out guitars' didn't turn out quite as planned! Still, I went through the motions and tried a few other models. But that MFG custom topped the lot, and I would certainly look very seriously at another of their custom builds.