Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy! Where did all the excitement go for the new LARRIVEE ELECTRICS!  (Read 3066 times)
Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »

I went the narrow hollow body route when the 'lectric urge hit with (I know shame on me but) a Taylor custom Koa, lasted all of 7 months and I took a whacking that will take a long time to get over there my friends. But I bought a Larrivee l05-12 customed up big time by Jim Holler at Trinity Guitars to replace it and have never looked back (til now) ouch all over again.

Anyway with the modelers and pedals etc out there It and my DV09 will hold it's own most of the time for the listening public. I doubt I'll venture into the electric only market again. My last attempt was promoted by the "marketing blitz" of a hollow body that could give me acoustic and electric as well as arch top tone in one axe. Two amps 3 mics A/B switches and full pedal board didn't hold up under scrutiny though, and I felt like I was adjusting knobs for half my life and needed 2 roadies to carry all that stuff. After a few months I had my suspicions, after 7 she went bye-bye. Now I grab a guitar and make music immediately. If I feel like playing with toys I plug it in and mess with knobs for a while. Normally my K&K and matching XLR preamp set flat does just a dandy fine pass through to the FOH board and I can concentrat on that stupid grin of mine.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

markslife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 06:44:58 AM »

RS-4 - That's My Boy!

I am liking my new introduction better than the rest and theres a pile of cases in the corner..............gonna sell off many of the others now not being played including vintage Gibson, maybe buy another RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's whats up from a KY picker!

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »

RS-4 - That's My Boy!

I am liking my new introduction better than the rest and theres a pile of cases in the corner..............gonna sell off many of the others now not being played including vintage Gibson, maybe buy another RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's whats up from a KY picker!

Congrats, but you gotta post some pics of that  nice guitar

EDIT: Oops ... just saw your link to pics in the other thread - thanks for those!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »

If you think the Electric sub forum is quiet, try posting in the Mandolin sub forum!

This is one area where Larrivee could easily put their marketing money in.

Now where is that Mandolin sub forum???

John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »

Id love to have one of their mandolins, but gonna be a while.............. whats the comparison to the reknowned F5 Gibsons......whats the going prices?????

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
fritferret

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »

i'm still excited about them!
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »

I wish they would buy Bob Taylor's stoptail and use that instead of tune-o-matic.  Much more sleek, easy on the palm and puts the hand in the right relationship to the top of the guitar for me.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »

Hoping Larrivee will attend NAMM next month   And if they do have offerings that address players like yourselves preferences.

Would make for an interesting allotment. 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
mcclurew

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

As long as we're wishing - how about those P-90's, the wrap-around tailpiece on a thinnish semi-hollowbody. 

Oh yeah !!  I'll take two please.

Billy
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »

As long as we're wishing - how about those P-90's, the wrap-around tailpiece on a thinnish semi-hollowbody. 

Fail to see why Larrivee has never made a semi

Most versatile Git I own is an ES 335. Tho my favourite is an RS 4. Larrivee with their top shelf solid electric background and of course their acoustics one would think a natural stretch would be a semi-hollowbody.

Yes there is market saturation and all those economic arguments for sure BUT they could just as easily been applied to the electrics and mandolins

I would be 1st in line for  P-90's, the wrap-around tailpiece on a thinnish semi-hollowbody. 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
SharkFM

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »

Funny because- Yeah!! I was wondering same thing (Where did all the excitement go????...) Rockin' the RS4 tontie with my son on drums it's beast! Dropped to D did some Metal core, wound it back up for some classics,  pretty cool.

OK My other son (the guitarist) and I were at the music shop just yesterday where I bought my (our) charcoal cherry black RS4 a year ago. The store is three hours from our house so it's all day there and back. We played Tele's, the Taylor T5 is amazing - love it!! Rickenbacker 12's those suckers are  wacko.  A sunburst RS4 is still hanging on the wall almost what three years in the store now gathering some dust - seriously. So I dusted it off with my sleeve and showed it some love. Someone ripped off the pickup selector knob too, looks terrible.

So the manager goes , "take the Larrivee I'll make a deal you can't refuse." I go "what the frig am I going to do with two of them? " He looks at my son and says "well you are the guys that like them right?" So my son says "yeah it's the best, it's awesome.... and boy I really like the sunburst, sell our black cherry"  

So he goes to the desk and comes back 10 minutes later and shoots me a price. I go "Nah no way I just can't own the same thing, see no reason for it, makes no sense". Great price tho. I am thinkin' about it. Hmm...

Here are the issues that I see with the RS4:

Guitars are purchased at least 50% is image and emotional. So stage cred, rock heros, photo-ops are a big part of it. Ibanez, PRS every success story out there chased down someone to represent.

About the RS4. It's not love at first drive. The RS4 takes time. Took me several months actually. I played it once hmm nice, then more seriously came back to it when I was looking at PRS, Les Pauls - yearning for a straight ahead humbucker style.  Plugged it in and played it for a few hours,  took a while for me to fully appreciate its merits then after bringing it home after a few days was floored how good it is and still to this day love it.  It is the standard by which I judge all other guitars.

335 Style would be cool. My son loves his Epi. Just an awesome warm tone and plays great. But not nearly as precise as the RS4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4FDt5VmhHg

mcclurew

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

I would be 1st in line for  P-90's, the wrap-around tailpiece on a thinnish semi-hollowbody. 

I'll be the guy standing behind you - I'll bring sandwiches and beverages in case we have to wait. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: