My ONLY gripe with my RS-2/P-90s

Started by Mikeymac, December 14, 2010, 10:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this guitar. It sound fantastic for so many tones and styles of music.

There's just one little thing bugging me: I can't lower the pickups any more; they're hitting the bottom of the pickup cavities, and when I adjust the action down to where it is perfect, the pickups are just too close to the strings.

I don't know if this is a problem on the RS-4 with the thicker, archtop body, but it's frustrating...I hope Larrivee is going to address this issue on these. I'm thinking about opening it up and seeing if I can shave any of the plastic off the pickup covers (if they are indeed what is hitting the bottom of the cavity...if it's the pickup itself, I'm going to have to see about getting them routed out - under warranty, of course, as the guitar is under one year old).

Anyone else dealing with this on their RS-2? On their RS-4 with P-90s?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I seen this on other make's.If you pull the pu's and check the bottom of the pu cover it may have some room to shave the cover.If not send it to Larrivee and have them do the routing since there tooled up for it and know just how much dipper if anymore they can go.Sanding the bottom of the pu cover is pretty strait foward,just take your time,using tape to mark how much you can remove.Me I belt sand them but if you can get to a sanding table its a breeze.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'll peek under the hood neck time I change strings...thanks for the advice, unclrob!

:+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992