Baden Guitars IN Business?

Started by Strings4Him, December 09, 2010, 11:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: theacousticspot on February 24, 2011, 05:50:32 PM
this is josh jose, formerly with baden. i probably worked with many of you and it saddens me to read the posts up here. i personally apologize to the dealers and musicians we worked with and left out in the dark. it was a really fast end that did not allow for us to contact everyone, like lefty's guitars.

the guitars are fantastic and i have weekly conversations with artists' and dealers who still feel the same. the Vietnamese manufacture ring HAD NOTHING to with how things ended up. It was the worst market in retail music history, combined with legal issues involving an ex-partner.  furthermore, realize that every other established manufacturer stopped production of their high end lines and focused solely on their entry level offerings (made outside the US). Meanwhile, they had stockpiles of baden-quality instruments filling their warehouses. Everyone was in trouble; some just had deeper pockets and a longer established name to make it through. There should be no hard feelings; it was truly a reminder that even great ideas and products can stumble along the way.

i can guarantee that you will see a reemergence of the line as they are excellent instruments - hopefully i can be involved as they do.... I actually have a good idea where that link came from....

Welcome Josh.  :welcome: :gotdonuts:  :winkin:  Thanks for that update.

That's quite a teaser you left with that last nugget.   :roll

Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: SMan on February 24, 2011, 06:44:41 PM

That's quite a teaser you left with that last nugget.   :roll

:+1:
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

Here's some feedback I got from http://www.440distribution.com/

As an owner of a Baden A-style, this makes me very happy  :smile:

Baden Guitars
We've received a lot of calls and emails recently regarding Baden Guitars due to some speculation on some American forums that they are no longer available. The news is that Baden Guitars is now owned by 440 Distribution here in the UK. Baden Guitars will have a new website, www.badenguitars.co.ukcoming very soon. Any Baden owner will be able to register their warranty on the new site but in the meantime please get in touch if you have any questions regarding the new ownership. Obviously existing Baden guitar owners will have the full warranty and back up from 440 Distribution. We hope this clarification will assure everybody that Baden guitars are here to stay and under the new ownership will continue to bring you the quality and tonality that makes Baden Guitars so unique. Many thanks to the many Baden owners who brought this situation to our attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice!
00' Larrivee D-02
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420

NOW...... I am excited that they are still around for sure!!! Thanks for posting.  My concern is that the quality will suffer.  I say this and many may disagree, but Years back when Tacoma first came out they had an outstanding acoustic.  When Fender took over Tacoma the prices went up and quality went down.  I know of one Music store specifically that stopped carrying Tacoma because of this. 
Having said all that, I realize that Fender is a HUGE company, so my hope is that the new owners in the UK will continue with the same tradition of quality that Baden has established.
Taylor 410 L2 (Rosewood)
Gibson Custom Shop J-45
Partscaster Tele
Partscaster Strat
Therdrail Amp
LR Baggs
Pedals and What Not

Wonder how price will be effected, I still would like to eventually own a cedar Baden.
00' Larrivee D-02
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420

Josh I remember you as I had a cedar/hog A style.  Great little guitar, but sold it to thin the herd. Welcome! I hate that for TJ as I understand he put his entire Taylor pension into Baden and now its gone.  My thought and prayers go out to him and his family.  He is a gifted player as well.  Looking for ward to the re established Baden guitars.
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Hey Josh - Andre here.   I absolutely love the a-style (rosewood w/ Euro spruce top and Fishman aura) that TJ and Marcus personally picked out for me.  People comment all the time on how good this guitar sounds; I would not let it go for all the money in the world.  It breaks my heart that Baden stopped making these awesome guitars.   

I hope you're doing well and that TJ lands on his feet.   Cheers!

I tried contacting them about a warranty on my new D-style maple purchased new earlier this year and never got a reply.

Quote from: mg21sp on February 16, 2012, 02:44:59 AM
http://www.badenguitars.com/index/bg.htm

Glad to see some things happening in the US with Baden again.  In fact, TJ has recently posted some thing on Facebook regarding an upcoming relaunch.