Which guitar would you most love to own?

Started by bb blues, November 28, 2010, 04:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Custom Braz D-10 on December 09, 2010, 12:58:09 AM

Anyway, what do I know -- as I said, I sold nearly all of it anyway . . .

Still have your '98 D-10b tho  :thumb
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: broKen on December 08, 2010, 11:37:19 PM

waddeesay?  :?
That collecting things you never use and chasing the "perfect guitar" are vanity. As they consume our time and energies while diverting us from the simplicity of enjoying what we have now.
   I am beginning to realize this myself as the dust grows on so many guitar cases around the house.
   Though in the back of my mind there is this nagging thought that a 000 sized 12 fret SH guitar of yet unknown headstock label or tone wood is waiting for me to find it. I have to sell a few first though.

Quote from: dependan on December 09, 2010, 07:09:55 AM
  That collecting things you never use and chasing the "perfect guitar" are vanity.
   Though in the back of my mind there is this nagging thought that a 000 sized 12 fret SH guitar...

Sounds like the beginning of the Forum V. Gloss, sitka, MadRose, (paddlehead?) Just how many guitars does it take to start a special order? (is it possible to have them made in Canada?)
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Ken, now you've started it...

Mine would be a Froggy Bottom.  The one I played was an OM, and I've forgotten their naming system for their model sizes, but I would have to get a 00 for shoulder reasons.  Lots of other fantasy guitars, but I haven't played them, so that's why I would like to date a Frog.

Quote from: ryler on December 10, 2010, 07:42:40 AM
so that's why I would like to date a Frog.

Ribbit ribbit.   :wave
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 10, 2010, 06:21:29 PM
Ribbit ribbit.   :wave

Roger, that is clearly an invitation for our first date.  I'll be ready at 7:00, you pick the restaurant.  Make sure it has lily pads.   :bgrin:   Oh, and don't tell my husband, he gets jealous of this kind of thing.

Quote from: ryler on December 11, 2010, 08:51:52 AM
Roger, that is clearly an invitation for our first date.  I'll be ready at 7:00, you pick the restaurant.  Make sure it has lily pads.   :bgrin:   Oh, and don't tell my husband, he gets jealous of this kind of thing.

Rainforest Cafe, made the reservation and told them to put the lily pads on the same side of the table.  We have a lot in common, my wife feels the same as your husband.

So you will recognize me, here's my picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

Oh, this is love at first sight for me!  I'll be dressed as a princess wearing a tiara.  (And if you recall from my first post, it's the Froggy's Bottom that I'm most interested in.  Got a picture of that?)

I'm usually not this forward, butt

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

Since I actually just bought the guitar I would most love to own recently I'm not really infatuated with anything in particular right now. Although I saw a couple of guitars yesterday that piqued my interest. The first was a Martin OMC Atringer 1, a specialty instrument made in collaboration with Matt Artinger. It has a handful of the latest high end luthier features like a beveled edge and a soundport (it also has an oval shaped soundhole and a triangle of wood glued to the top under the strings near the bridge for some reason I can't quite fathom.) It did sound very good when I played it though.

Another one that I liked was a Boulder Creek Solitaire series that just arrived at the local guitar shop. Another guitar with a sound port, but I thought this one had a much better bass response than the Martin.

I'm pretty sure that when I really find a next guitar I would most love to own it's going to be an OM but aside from that it may be a few years before I see the one. But that's the joy of trying out a lot of different guitars you get to dream about what you really want from an instrument.

:donut :donut2 :coffee

From the banter, I guess the old maxim is true - you must kiss a bunch of frogs in order to find your prince..... :guitar

:donut2 :donut2 :donut2
RW Skaggs, the tinman:

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart   Guitar" SJ; Osage Orange; Master Grade Italian Spruce; Inlay by Jimi Wingert   :D
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar + Italian double top
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl
Seagull Parlor in Nashville high tuning

d-35
2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

Quote from: DJ in FL on December 03, 2010, 06:22:57 PM

:+1:   FOR BOTH vote!

:nice guitar: (make that plural)
The RS4's a big step up from the Godin Exit 22 we used to have.  Great sounding guitar which I really enjoy hearing my son play!
Thanks!
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

The best guitar I've ever played was a Collings, but I've never played a high end Larrivee, so it's still negotiable!
:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut2

Quote from: ryler on December 10, 2010, 07:42:40 AM
Ken, now you've started it...

Mine would be a Froggy Bottom.  The one I played was an OM, and I've forgotten their naming system for their model sizes, but I would have to get a 00 for shoulder reasons.  Lots of other fantasy guitars, but I haven't played them, so that's why I would like to date a Frog.
I once played a Froggy Bottom M - OM size that is unforgettable...
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: dependan on December 09, 2010, 07:09:55 AM
 That collecting things you never use and chasing the "perfect guitar" are vanity. As they consume our time and energies while diverting us from the simplicity of enjoying what we have now.
  I am beginning to realize this myself as the dust grows on so many guitar cases around the house.
  Though in the back of my mind there is this nagging thought that a 000 sized 12 fret SH guitar of yet unknown headstock label or tone wood is waiting for me to find it. I have to sell a few first though.
:+1: We make lots excuses but in the end there is no perfect anything. Or there are many. Make your choice and enjoy. Makes for a much happier life I think. I was lucky when I found my L-09; it has the sound I hear in my head. I enjoy playing some really impressive gits, but none have made me even consider trading. The more I realize this, the less GAS I have.
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

....so very true:

"5) So while it can be wonderful to covet fine guitars, does it not sometimes get in the way of writing and playing music, rather than facilitating it? Dreaming of, and researching, the ultimate guitar can be a rather time-wasting endeavour these days, regardless of how you'd rather spend time -- playing, writing, or doing something else central to your well-being. Can't chasing after the greatest guitar be like an empty shell game that sometimes distracts from the very reasons why you'd truly want it in the first place?"

I'm in the middle of purging a bunch of electrics....realized that if I only had 1 gtr & 1 amp, I'd be a much better musician than I am  :nana_guitar

not easy decisions to make though....which to keep?

back to the original question: one guitar I'd love to play for a while is Peter Green's original Les Paul

Quote from: ummagumma on December 22, 2010, 11:35:07 PM

I'm in the middle of purging a bunch of electrics....

oh :? Do tell :smile:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

The Webber that Fitness has on the block is causing me to  :crying: at being too poor.
Ron