Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Template or drawing of parlor pickguard requested  (Read 795 times)
eternity road

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

Hello all:

I'm expecting my first Larrivee-a parlor P-01 ,made 10 years ago.

It has the clear square looking pickguard.I would like to replace that one with a teardrop shaped guard as seen on many of the newer Larrivee parlors.

I have a tortoloid blank pickguard sheet from Stew mac that I was going to use for another project.Would like to use it  instead for the larrivee parlor.

Does anyone have a template for the standard parlor pickguard? Or an exact drawing of the shape?

I would be willing to paypal(to cover postage etc) to anyone who could help me out in this regard.Very much appreciated!

Gabe

lofus53@yahoo.com
guitom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:12:08 PM »

I have an unused pickguard but not sure it's the same as the parlor pg.  But I can check that tonight.  I would just send it to you but I need the pg for the very same project as you.  I pulled a greven tortis guard off my L-05 hoping to go guardless but the tanline is too prevelant.  I should be able to provide an exact drawing tomorrow.

What pattern turtoloid do you have?  I'm thinking of going for the dark swirl pattern.
eternity road

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »

Thanks,

I have chosen the darl swirl as well.

If you could send me the drawing it would be much appreciated.I could paypal whatever postage is required.

Gabe
guitom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »

Your friends on the Larrivee forum don't need money for postage.  However, there's the problem.  I compared my unattached pickguard to the guard on my parlor and they don't match at all.  So I don't think it's possible for me to do a very accurate drawing using the guard that's attached to my parlor.  I think you should post in the want to buy section.  I'll bet someone has one they aren't using.  Or you could order one from the Larrivee site.  I think they're around $15.  I know that's a lot to spend just for a template.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jon
eternity road

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »

OK- I finished placing a tortoloid pick guard from Stew Mac.It replaced the ugly square stock guard on this year 2000 P-01.

Honestly everyone, I had no template,just compared what I've seen on other guitars.With patience,and many drafts using clear plastic sheets and an old soundhole cutout from Martin I think it went pretty well...

Gabe

Before-orig guard-this clear guard was much more prominent than depicted here

New guard

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »

+1
That guard looks good, but how's the quartering of that top??? - my word that's a special slab of spruce. I bet it sounds great.

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
eternity road

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 02:53:18 PM »

Agree-this is a year 2000 Vancouver made basic P-1.The tone is nice,save for some weakness in the bass.

I have medium Pearces on it now.Thinking of perhaps adding ebony pins and an ebony saddle to improve the bass a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: