NGD! New to me

Started by iamjoe, November 24, 2010, 06:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Today the lovely brown truck delivered my early Xmas present. After several hours of waiting for it to reach room temperature I tuned it and wow!
What a lovely sounding piece of wood! I am impressed, no need to compare it to my Fender and PRSi as they are all dear to me. One thing is for sure they are all going to get some case time thats for sure!

The following is a reply from Mike Kitchen of Larrivee:

Joe,

Thanks for writing in.

Your RS-4 was built on 2/12/2009 at our Oxnard shop.

It has Mahogany Body & Neck, Flame Maple Top, Rosewood Fretboard, Lollar Imperial Humbuckers, Luxe Bumblebee Caps (0.14 & 0.22) Schaller Tuners, CTS 500k Pots, Switchcraft switch & jack 50's Style Wiring,  Tobacco Sunburst Finish.

Have a great day!

-Mike

Here are some pics, better ones to come.

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
Fender Custom Shop "La Cabronita"

:nice guitar:
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

It is just not fair that these RS-4s are so doggone pretty! Leads one toward covetousness. :nice guitar:

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Glad to hear of the safe touch down!!!! Looking forward to your thoughts
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Love the TBS finish.   :nice guitar:

Indeed, a very nice guitar.  Enjoy it.   :nana_guitar

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

The emoticon isn't drooling enough to properly represent my reaction to those pics!! :drool:

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!   I've been eyeing those RS-4's for a while now and simply must have one!!!

Congrats and a very merry Christmas to you!! 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . I know essentially zero about electric guitars . . . but that is one gorgeous instrument!  Makes me wonder what I've been missing playing only acoustic.  Post some more pics as soon as you can, and congratulations.
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

ssSCHWEEEEEEeeeettt!
"Soulshine is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain."