Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reattaching Fishman control  (Read 375 times)
New Jersey Mike

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »

I have a Fishman undersaddle pickup in my D-03 12 string. I like it a lot. But I knocked the volume/tone contrall off, as I was fishing around for the battery case. It was mounted right inside the sound hole. Ad looks like it was kept in place by some sticky stuff on control which adheredto  the inside top of the guitar. Now I can't seem to reattach and I'm not sure if I should be using a wood glue or not.. What to do?

thanks for any help.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:27:41 AM »

Go to the hardware store and pick up the thinnest double sided tape you can find,this is all you should need.Don't glue it.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
New Jersey Mike

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »

Thanks, unclrob.  I tried the double sided tape last night. It didn't quite hold. I'll try it again - maybe i didn't quite have it positioned right. I'll let you know.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

Mike feel around the upper inside of the soundhole you'll feel a spot between the brace's to place it.If you have some take cloth clean the area of all dust and whatnot before reinstalling.Also remove the old sticky from the volumn control so the tape has clean area to stick to.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: