Template or drawing of parlor pickguard requested

Started by eternity road, November 20, 2010, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all:

I'm expecting my first Larrivee-a parlor P-01 ,made 10 years ago.

It has the clear square looking pickguard.I would like to replace that one with a teardrop shaped guard as seen on many of the newer Larrivee parlors.

I have a tortoloid blank pickguard sheet from Stew mac that I was going to use for another project.Would like to use it  instead for the larrivee parlor.

Does anyone have a template for the standard parlor pickguard? Or an exact drawing of the shape?

I would be willing to paypal(to cover postage etc) to anyone who could help me out in this regard.Very much appreciated!

Gabe

lofus53@yahoo.com

I have an unused pickguard but not sure it's the same as the parlor pg.  But I can check that tonight.  I would just send it to you but I need the pg for the very same project as you.  I pulled a greven tortis guard off my L-05 hoping to go guardless but the tanline is too prevelant.  I should be able to provide an exact drawing tomorrow.

What pattern turtoloid do you have?  I'm thinking of going for the dark swirl pattern.

Thanks,

I have chosen the darl swirl as well.

If you could send me the drawing it would be much appreciated.I could paypal whatever postage is required.

Gabe

Your friends on the Larrivee forum don't need money for postage.  However, there's the problem.  I compared my unattached pickguard to the guard on my parlor and they don't match at all.  So I don't think it's possible for me to do a very accurate drawing using the guard that's attached to my parlor.  I think you should post in the want to buy section.  I'll bet someone has one they aren't using.  Or you could order one from the Larrivee site.  I think they're around $15.  I know that's a lot to spend just for a template.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jon

OK- I finished placing a tortoloid pick guard from Stew Mac.It replaced the ugly square stock guard on this year 2000 P-01.

Honestly everyone, I had no template,just compared what I've seen on other guitars.With patience,and many drafts using clear plastic sheets and an old soundhole cutout from Martin I think it went pretty well...

Gabe

Before-orig guard-this clear guard was much more prominent than depicted here

New guard

:+1:
That guard looks good, but how's the quartering of that top??? - my word that's a special slab of spruce. I bet it sounds great.
:smile:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Agree-this is a year 2000 Vancouver made basic P-1.The tone is nice,save for some weakness in the bass.

I have medium Pearces on it now.Thinking of perhaps adding ebony pins and an ebony saddle to improve the bass a bit.