The Larrivee Electric Guitar Registry

Started by Mikeymac, November 14, 2010, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would love to have a lefty version of your Goldtop - or maybe a Goldtop with minis and the Bigsby...  :bowdown:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: headsup on November 04, 2012, 01:36:31 PM
this was the GOTM a few months back

Headsup....Am I correct in assuming that's an AC15 Heritage edition? Nice Amp, regardless. That goldie is a sight to behold, and tell us more about that spalted maple RS4...I'm a bit newer to the assemblage and that's a new one to me.

All of these guitars in this thread are fantastic!  :drool:
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - Eliot

2004 LV-03/Fishman Ellipse
2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

honorable mentions: Heritage 535, Bourgeois/Washburn D55 "Cherokee"

2012 LarrivĂ©e RS-2 Sunburst.  Love this guitar...

JordanK

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

headsup,
Thanks for your Patty Duke show analogy.  Very useful information that an old fart like me can relate too.  I don't have a humbucker one to compare mine with (at least not yet  :whistling:).
The theme song paraphrased as I remember it.  Sheesh I'm getting old.  :crying:

"Meet Kathy who's been most everywhere,
from Zanzabar to Barclay's square.......
......But Patty's only seen the sights,
a girl can see from Brooklyn Heights,
what a crazy pair".....

Here is my Forum V and my new funky-looking custom made 1X12 cabinet I just completed over the weekend.  The speaker is a used Electro Voice EVM-12S series II that I purchased from a great fellow in Prince George, BC.  (I live in Edmonton).  The cab in the guitar picture is the top part of a Fender 212 HF PA speaker I've owned since 1989.  I have it hooked up to my Superchamp X2 head.  I plugged and covered the 3" X 9" horn cutout for now.  The cabinet has an internal volume of 1.9 cu. ft. is ported and tuned to 70 hz.  The crossover is still attached inside but not being used for now.  I plan to re-wire it as a 2-way some day once I find the correct horn driver.

The original cabinet was a 2X12 2-way speaker with a horn.  The compression driver behind the horn was missing when I got the cabinet.  So was one of the 12" speakers.  It had a JBL G125-8 12" speaker in it.  I don't know if that speaker is original to the cabinet, but it is an awesome musical instrument speaker as well.  In April 2010, I made a ported 1X12 cabinet from the bottom part of the original cabinet (flipped upside down) using the JBL.  It has 1.4 cu. ft. internal volume, is ported and tuned to 80 hz. (optimized for the JBL speaker).

Both cabinets are 8 ohms, will easily handle 200 watts RMS, and are loud and clear.  I can also use either one as extensions to my Crate 160 watt bass amp. to get a bit more stage volume and better stage coverage for the rest of the band.  The new EV cabinet has slighty better low-end response and is a bit better-suited for the bass application.  Both are awesome lead/rhythm speakers, however.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: Tio Kimo on November 05, 2012, 11:54:55 AM
Headsup....Am I correct in assuming that's an AC15 Heritage edition? Nice Amp, regardless. That goldie is a sight to behold, and tell us more about that spalted maple RS4...I'm a bit newer to the assemblage and that's a new one to me.

All of these guitars in this thread are fantastic!  :drool:

HI the splated Maple is not mine, another poster's I believe.
The amp is really just a Vox AC4TVH, like the combo I have, cheap ($300.00), the REAL amp is the deluxe in the photo.
A very limited (150 made) Long & McQuade BLONDE fender deluxe with wheat grill cloth.

I've had it modded to 1965 specs, except my tech tells me, for some unknown reason it's metering at 50 watts!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on November 06, 2012, 09:30:20 AM
HI the splated Maple is not mine, another poster's I believe.

Dohh! sorry, the onset of GAS fogged my mind.  :cheers

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

Some updated pics of my Bakersfield - I changed out the V and T knobs after I got it back from Larrivee with the new pickups in it. I find that the stock barrel knobs get in the way of the 3-way switch when you want to grab it quick from the bridge position.

These chicken head knobs have more of a slop to them which gives my fingers more room to grap the top hat switch quickly to move to the middle or neck position.

Sorry - I always seem to take grainy pics (not a photographer)!  :rolleye:

I've been lurking here off and on for a while now.  I'm the lucky owner of Forum V RS4 #10.  I went for two full sized humbuckers in mine instead of the mini.

My go-to guitar for years has been my my L-05 acoustic -- When I got an itch for an electric and started researching my options, I stumbled across the Forum V thread and knew that was it.  I got lucky and somehow managed to get an order in before it closed.  Now I'm the owner of #10, and it's gorgeous.

Quote from: lang on February 06, 2013, 08:32:30 PM
I've been lurking here off and on for a while now.  I'm the lucky owner of Forum V RS4 #10.  I went for two full sized humbuckers in mine instead of the mini.

My go-to guitar for years has been my my L-05 acoustic -- When I got an itch for an electric and started researching my options, I stumbled across the Forum V thread and knew that was it.  I got lucky and somehow managed to get an order in before it closed.  Now I'm the owner of #10, and it's gorgeous.

lang,

Welcome and congrats on having such a special guitar! When you have 10 posts, you will be able to click on "Additional options" to add pics - or you could add a link to an online photo location like photobucket.

More info is needed of course: what style/s of music do you play, and what kind of amp/s are you playing your RS-4 through?

Again...  :welcome:

lang,

Very nice, the Forum V's are awesome instruments.  I am still absolutely in love with mine.  As the days go by it just keeps getting better.  We'd love to see some pics of yours when you are able.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Here's mine -- nicest guitar I've ever owned. 

So, I got an Orange Rocker 30 to play through.  It's wicked.  But being a newb to electrics, I didn't realize that all the best tones seem to be at LOUD end of the spectrum.  I need to get a little amp that I can crank without making babies cry.

Sexy guitar, and...

Quote from: lang on February 07, 2013, 08:38:36 PM
So, I got an Orange Rocker 30 to play through.  It's wicked.  But being a newb to electrics, I didn't realize that all the best tones seem to be at LOUD end of the spectrum.  I need to get a little amp that I can crank without making babies cry.

I totally hear that.  I have a 15W and still, Im pretty sure my dog is going to kill me.  But man does it sound good before my ears start ringing.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

trying to figure out a little info on my axe... had it since 1988, still plays great. can't seem to add a pic, it's canary yellow, Paul Dean shape, single EMG, Floyd rose trem.
I'll see if I can add a picture shortly.
Dave

Quote from: Daves not here on May 17, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
trying to figure out a little info on my axe... had it since 1988, still plays great. can't seem to add a pic, it's canary yellow, Paul Dean shape, single EMG, Floyd rose trem.
I'll see if I can add a picture shortly.
Dave

You have to have ten posts before you can add pics using the "Additional Options..." link here. But you can use a URL from a Photobucket or similar other photo hosting account to add pics right into your post.

Now ...  :gotpics:

aaahhhh yes.. forgot about that......

Heres another oldie.
Serial 3774 Has 1985 inventory tag still on headstock. I think one of the first electrics built by Larrivee.

Didn't realize I'd never been back to this thread after becoming an owner, to properly "register". Although I've shared my pics elsewhere.

here's my 2010 RS-2 with Gen III buckers, that's a custom built 5F1 clone with a 10" Weber speaker, and the Gen III's push it to breakup sooooo sweetly.

To those that own both a 2 and a 4 (without bigsby's, sorry headsup!):

do you find the -2 a bit neck heavy when on a strap? and how does the -4 compare?

2010 RS-2/G3 'buckers

I own both a 2 and a 4, and also own a Gibson SG. I've not noticed that the 2 is any more neck heavy than the 4 - lighter, yes, but not neck heavy. The SG is definitely prone to headstock drop! Hope this helps.

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 22, 2015, 12:47:43 PM
I own both a 2 and a 4, and also own a Gibson SG. I've not noticed that the 2 is any more neck heavy than the 4 - lighter, yes, but not neck heavy. The SG is definitely prone to headstock drop! Hope this helps.
I have had the very same experience
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

BTW, who knows what roller bridge will fit the Larrivee's Tone Pro bridge posts? Thanks for any & all suggestions!  :bowdown:

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee