Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS4 Question  (Read 1422 times)
keith7940236

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2015, 03:55:03 PM »

Hi,
There is a 2013 RS-4 for sale locally at a pretty good price.  This particular one has dot inlays on the fretboard.  I thought that they all had the block inlays.  Is this another model or did the inlays change?  I think that this one is a 2013 model.

Thanks
Scrambler17

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »

I'm of the same assumption as you, although I'm sure someone could have special ordered an RS4 with dots.  But for off the line production I was thinking it was dots on the RS2s and Blocks on the 4.  Does it have the other RS4 appointments?

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:13:53 PM »

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=43078.msg388007#msg388007

There are dot neck RS-4, above is a link.
I hope I linked it right, it was from April 5 called "rs-4 dotnecks"
I also recall someone saying dot necks were on the guitars made in the last year or so, but I can't find that now.

Mike
Forum V RS-4
Scrambler17

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »

Well cool.  It's amazing how much things change in production.  And how accommodating the company is to special requests (not that this was the case here)  It's a virtue of a family company that is still involved. 

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »

The last year or so that the RS4 was still in production the block inlays were changed to plain dots.  The only other change I noticed was the newer ones also did not have the Schaller strap locks.  I had one of both for a time and they both played great.  It is one of the models I hate to see go...  But I still want one of the new Malibu models...  Larrivee electrics are great.

George
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »

The only other change I noticed was the newer ones also did not have the Schaller strap locks.
I am glad you mentioned that. I noticed in pics of older (or rather, non Forum) RS-4 the end pin was installed about an inch closer to the neck. Its easy to see when you compare the end pin location in relation to the pickup selector and corner of the neck pickup. To me, it would seem the end pin would want to pry itself out like that, and am wondering if it would be ok to install an end pin in the heel. I play the guitar every day and I play it standing. But it isn't like I would want to install a new end pin tomorrow or anything.
Mike
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

George
teacycle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:49:46 AM »

Not sure if this is the place to mention this , but I was at Long and McQuade on Terminal Ave in Vancouver yesterday and they have two new RS-4's for sale at XXXXXXXXXXX
These are the best prices I have seen for these guitars brand new.
I was tempted, but I bought my first Larrivee acoustic a few weeks ago so I had to pass.
I'm in love with the L-05.

Happy New Year all.

Edited by JOYCEfromNS  re rule violation of posting Retail Prices
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: