Youtube. So What Do I Do About This?

Started by ducktrapper, November 13, 2010, 07:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ryler on November 14, 2010, 04:11:08 PM
Funny, first thing I thought was "this would be perfect for John Prine."  I listened all the way through with a smile on my face.  It was good.

Yeah, it would sound more like John in my version. I didn't like it at first but this rendition grew on me. Come to think of it, it's one of the many songs that I've written but never do anymore. I'm glad you liked it, however. They did the last, serious kind of verse which was optional and the Donald Duck talk wasn't as good as mine. It's good for a laugh though.   

I thought" Kenny Rogers" when I listened to your song. Enjoyed the sentiment.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: carruth on November 15, 2010, 03:52:24 PM
I thought" Kenny Rogers" when I listened to your song. Enjoyed the sentiment.

Hmmm. Wouldn't have thought that but I guess that's what his "condition" was in?  :smile:

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 13, 2010, 03:47:46 PM
... It would be nice to make fiddy bucks.  
In the mid-80's I was interviewed on CBC radio. They had a demo tape and happened to play the worst song I ever wrote. I cringed. It was broadcast right across the country and I was mortified... until the cheque for $25.00 arrived. Several months later, they re-broadcast the same interview... and another cheque arrived. If you can get the song played on a nationally broadcasted CBC show, it's easy money.   :bgrin:

dg

Quote from: dgrose on November 16, 2010, 09:16:55 AM
In the mid-80's I was interviewed on CBC radio. They had a demo tape and happened to play the worst song I ever wrote. I cringed. It was broadcast right across the country and I was mortified... until the cheque for $25.00 arrived. Several months later, they re-broadcast the same interview... and another cheque arrived. If you can get the song played on a nationally broadcasted CBC show, it's easy money.   :bgrin:

dg

Oh yeah. The most money I ever made off of songwriting, and it wasn't that much, was when Tom Kelly used parts of two of my songs in a CBC National T.V. special. That was 1977 or so. It wasn't enough to stop me from getting a real job though.  :winkin: