Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects for Acoustic  (Read 791 times)
gluve1

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »

O.K. just bought a AER Compact 60 love it. Now for effects Re verb, Delay and Chorus. The midiverb is very popular on the Tommy Emmanuel sight obviously. But in other places it's thought not to be  very reliable. And they feel there  are other units for the same money that would be better. What about individual effects like the Fishman stuff. Also looking at the Aphex acoustic Xciter. sounds like a great product. I would like every body's two cents worth. Keep in mind when I'm done I still want it to sound like an acoustic guitar Thanks Glen.
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »

Well, if you want it to "still sound like an acoustic when I'm done", don't add any of that stuff.  The reason I bought my Larrivees is for the beautiful tone.  I don't want any artificial enhancements.  All the products you mention will change the tone of your guitar.  If you are not happy with your guitar's tone, then go ahead and try them.  When I play small gigs, I just run straight through to my Marshall AS50D.  When I play on stage in a worship band, I plug into a Baggs Para DI straight out to the PA.  These keeps my tone pure acoustic. 

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »

I bought a Fender Blues Junior amp for my son   and have picked up a couple of pedals for it ~ Analog.man Chourus and a MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay and have had a blast with them.  The amp has a built in reverb feature that can go from the slightest touch to full on weirdness.  My son's Breedlove has an internal pickup and I'm waiting on a K&K Twin Fusion pickup to arrive yesterday  angry My son's in a band and plays straight in to the amp with just a touch of reverb and gets a very natural sound.  We've just been messing with the pedals at home and you can get some great sounds.  We saw a guy on Saturday night that had a looper and my son's eyes lit up.  After that, I hope to be done.

At the monthly open stage, Tai plays into a mic and that sounds really nice ~ acoustic.  Throwing an amp into the picture takes you down a different road that can be a lot of fun.  

John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: