Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't know this...........is this true?  (Read 921 times)
1dimeblues

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:33:23 AM »

greetings all
I was at a music store today , looking at all the new Larrivees, Taylors, Gibsons, and Martins
I was told after playing a really cool older used  Larrivee  ( this will be another thread, another day  lol)    and the new Taylor GS mini, that Bob Taylor used to work with or for Larrivee
I'd never heard this.........

and that is how Bob T.  got so good at what he does  !

and this was NOT at guitar center!

cheers,
Jim

Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »

That is not true, Bob and Jean are good friends and have been for decades due to thier mutal love of guitar building. Bob has never worked for Jean.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:01 AM »

That is not true, Bob and Jean are good friends and have been for decades due to thier mutal love of guitar building. Bob has never worked for Jean.

Sounds like a definitive answer to me ... but, of course, many of us around here knew that.

While I'm not a fan of Taylor guitars, I admire the fact the Jean and Bob share both a friendship and also information about building and finishing techniques, even while being "competitors" from a straight business standpoint.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
1dimeblues

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 02:01:51 AM »

thanks Matthew !
leftync

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:56:14 PM »

Someone might be confused b/e of all the impressive builders who have worked for Larrivee (although none, arguably, quite as well known as Taylor Other than JCL himself). Taylor's had a couple of those as well, like Baden and Breedlove.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: