12 String 12 fret.

Started by obe-wan, October 10, 2010, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gday folks,

My interest in 12 strings has been increasing of late, no small part due to the recently aquired Kelly Joe Phelps CD Ive been listening to.
I was just wondering, does anyone make a 12 fret 12 string? Had a bit of a search on the net and came up with zip.

It doesnt have to be all solid or anything fancy, an import would be fine (well even Larrivees are "imports" in Australia)  :ohmy: Athough if any of the big companies makes a nice solid one that would be good too......

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Martin has/had some.The D12-20 is a slout headstock in mahogany.I believe that the D35/12 is also available in a 12 fret,also I think its a slothead.There was a Larrivee LS05/12 12 fret that Tadol had,I believe he sold it but I think it has come up for sale again.Me when?if I ever have free spendable money I'd love to order up either/all an L05/12 12 fret and/or a LS05/12 12 fret or a OM09FM/12 12 fret.Hay a guy can dream can't he.
I owned a Martin D12/20 great guitar but needed a neck set.You can't go wrong with a Martin D35/12 as I've never played a D35 I didn't like.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hey Uncle, all mouth watering stuff there, if I ever come across any of those Id be a happy little Vegimite!

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Scott.flagstaffcharlie just posted an OM03/12 its not a 12 fretter but I had one and there fantastic sounding and the price is low.It may even be my old one I'm waiting for a responce.Wish I had the dime,but a new a/c for the home come's first.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on October 10, 2010, 10:30:53 PM
Wish I had the dime,but a new a/c for the home come's first.

hey..its the middle of October...you won't need A/C for six more months!
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Last chance for the rebate and the old one is now costing me money.Maybe next year!!!!!
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Dotneck on October 10, 2010, 11:00:34 PM
hey..its the middle of October...you won't need A/C for six more months!

My A/C will be on for another month at least. (I think it almost hit 100 again today - the Joys of living in Phoenix)

The 12 string version of the D-35 is truly a killer guitar and 12 frets to boot. You can order from the custom shop but quite a few used ones (as well as D-20 12 string models) come up for sale.

Check out this site and compare the prices against other similar domestic builds. Not sure how much it would cost to ship over seas but I heard some good sound clips of a six string model on Martin's Forum.

http://hauverguitars.com/home.html

Quote from: unclrob on October 10, 2010, 11:04:24 PM
Last chance for the rebate and the old one is now costing me money.Maybe next year!!!!!
Heh maybe we could work out a little trade. I've been in A/C for 35+ years. I put in new systems all the time (well not just me) Anyway, you could part with some guitars and I could part with some A/C's.
    OK, I am not licensed in FL. so that could be a "wee" problem.

Actually that is how I got my OM-21 to begin with. I replaced and repaired an A/C for my friend and got the Martin in return. It was a good deal for both of us.

Quote from: AZLiberty on October 11, 2010, 01:02:48 AM
My A/C will be on for another month at least. (I think it almost hit 100 again today - the Joys of living in Phoenix)
That is just sad  :ohmy:  I couldn't take that much heat this late in the year. Central Texas is bad enough though. It's very pleasant up here in Albuquerque right now. Even downright chilly in the morning. Good  :coffee weather. And a few  :donut2 :donut

Obe Wan, I do have a LS05/12FRET/ 12STRING ON CONSIGNMENT AT Sylvan music. check it out and maybe We can work something out. I need cash to fund a custom maple 12fret/12string SCGC guitar in process so not interested in any trades ...  Chris.

Quote from: Digdog on October 17, 2010, 02:48:51 PM
Obe Wan, I do have a LS05/12FRET/ 12STRING ON CONSIGNMENT AT Sylvan music. ...  Chris.

Hey Chris, that would be a great guitar for me, but unfortunately Im in Australia, so its not going to be possible.  :crying:

Otherwise Id be all over it. Thanks anyway Bud.   :thumbsup

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.