Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red fang or Copperhead  (Read 993 times)
rob55

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »

Hi all
  This is my first post and i hope its in the right place so here goes as any one used Eminence Red fang speakers or Copperheads i am after a blues crunchy sound and want to use one of these speakers need advice please. I am the middle of saving up for the  RS4 my  amp at the moment is the vox act4 and soon the shur badger 18watt.
 I have a Carvin ct4 with Bare Knuckle Mule pickups  very nice guitar but the RS4 is better richer sound.  
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »

You may just prefer a standard speaker or you'll end up limiting the amps use.I have always found that speakers that are voice for a style of music never really sound right.I have installed the copperhead in a Deluxe Reverb for a friend it came out the nextday because it just didn't sound good.We went with just the basic Eminence.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
rob55

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »

Thanks for you input i will not go with the copperhead but will look at the Red fang and mybe G12H OR  THE G12M greenbacks.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »

Hah! This is going to be fun ... because my experience with the Copperheads has been the opposite of unclrob's - BUT - in a DIFFERENT amp. I tried the Eminence Ragin' Cajun's in a 210 cabinet with the Peavey Classic 50 head, and they had a nasty upper mid hump or spike I didn't care for (with THAT amp - lots of folks swear by the RC speakers).

I tried the Copperheads and like them much better - they remind me of a set of Reverend All-Tone 1025 10" speakers I have, only the Copperheads are rated for more power, and have more low end/bass than the Reverends.

I have a set of Eminence Legend 10" speakers in my Carr Rambler (they came stock in the amp) and I see no reason to change them - they sound great in that amp, so unclrob could be right - go with the basic Eminence Legend speakers and you'll be fine.

P.S. rob55 - I also have a few Carvins...do you hang out on the Carvin forum at all?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: