Bad Pics of All of'em

Started by fritferret, October 05, 2010, 11:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the blue looks blue because it's in direct sunlight.  in less light or indirect light it looks black.  very cool color.  i'm loving it!  wnjoy!

Beeeaauutiful, but I gotta tell ya, it just seems like a crime for you to have FOUR of those!!!  :mad:

Are you gonna get four more with P-90's?  :arrow
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

fritferret,

All I can say is you are one "VERY LUCK DUDE" to have 4 RS-4's! :wacko:

Those are some "SMOKIN COLORS" that you have their! I have to say that
I am particularly fond of the "TOBACCO BURST"! :drool:

Do any of your RS-4's have the original LOLLAR pickups in them that Larrivee
first started out with and if so how do they stack up against the LARRIVEE HB
pickups which I think are "FANTASTIC"!

Mac
Mac Baker

Quote from: macsmojado on October 06, 2010, 09:42:27 AM
fritferret,

Do any of your RS-4's have the original LOLLAR pickups in them that Larrivee
first started out with and if so how do they stack up against the LARRIVEE HB
pickups which I think are "FANTASTIC"!
Mac

Mac U R right in your assessment the Larrivee PUPS are "FANTASTIC"! tho so are the Lollars. Having said that if I could only keep one set I'd keep the Larrivee's IMHO a little closer to the PAF tone sittin in my head anyway. The Lollars are a little hotter tho.

Everyone ought to have a set of each and a P90 or two :blush:

:winkin:

:nice guitar:ssss Frit
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

JOYCEfromNS,

I agree with your feelings on the LARRY HB's! They are closer to a true PAF but I
would like to have an RS-4 with that extra  bark and bite that the LOLLARS
obviously have! I will go on record and say that the "PAF STYLE HB" that has
garnered the most "PRAISE" over the last year is from "THROBAK PICKUPS"!
They will set you back a COOL $450 for a set of them! :whistling:

Guess what? Matthew and the OWNER/BUILDER of THROBAK PICKUPS it turns
out are very good friends! That's all I know folks! :thumb

Mac
Mac Baker

Mac

If it's Bark and Bite U are after did U ever consider a Gibson 498T to drop in and they wouldn't be much more than a  Benjamin Franklin  :?

Just a thought
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Yes I have heard about those particular GIBSON HB's! I am going to try and pick
up a used GIBBY LP PRE-2006 (before they started routing the bodies for weight relief)
and add a pair of the "THROBAKS" to it! No I am not bailing out on LARRIVEE ELECTRICS!

Their are way to many AWESOME BOUTIQUE BUILT guitars to not take advantage of
in this golden age! I am just happy to have taken advantage of the RS-4 and RS-2
already!

Mac
Mac Baker

i think the best non-boutique humbuckers i've played are the dimarzio 36th ann pups.  they are probably the best tone value out there.  i swapped the lollars out of two of the rs-4s that came w/ them.  they were a little hot for my tastes.  i replaced them with some of the best pups on the market: tom short pickups, the marc ford model and the tombucker.  tom and matthew are in my opinion making the best pups out there.

fritferret,

I have heard and read a lot about the TOM SHORT PICKUPS and the two models you
mentioned! I bet those sound "MIGHTY FINE" in your RS-4's! Man you have an
arsenal of "BADASS TONE" with those 4 RS-4's!  :cheers

Yes Matthew's HB's can hang with the best in my opinion also!

Would love to hear a soundclip of your RS-4's with the TOM SHORT HB's!! :thumb

Mac
Mac Baker

Quote from: fritferret on October 07, 2010, 11:01:07 AM
i think the best non-boutique humbuckers i've played are the dimarzio 36th ann pups.  they are probably the best tone value out there.  i swapped the lollars out of two of the rs-4s that came w/ them.  they were a little hot for my tastes.  i replaced them with some of the best pups on the market: tom short pickups, the marc ford model and the tombucker.  tom and matthew are in my opinion making the best pups out there.

If you want to sell those Larrivee pickups, just let me know...

neverrrrrrrr!  i can't see myself selling these pups, ever.  although, i did think about selling one set over on the thegearpage since the folks over there are so into all things boutique.  my thinking was that if someone could try instead of just hearing me rave about them, i'm interest would explode.  nut then i thought i should just make a recording and keep my pups!

I just figured since you had put some different pups in your RS-4's - or did I misunderstand, and you put those pups in a different guitar? Hate to see any Larrivee pups lying around unused, when I could find a home for them TONIGHT!!!

oh, no i took out and sold only the lollars, and replaced the lollars w/ the two different tom short sets.  every guitar i have that came w/ matt's pups in them still have matt's pups in them.