Problem With Brand New Dv-10e

Started by GeyerSFI, December 08, 2003, 07:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was wondering if someone could help me out here.  I just bought a dv-10e that looks and sounds incredible.  My problem....when I plug this thing into my trace elliot the b and e strings are way louder than the rest.  I tried to use my EQ to even out the tone, but it doesn't seem to do the job.  I even tried different amps, but nothing seems to work.  If I use the soundhole pickup, it sounds just fine. Its just the saddle pickup that is not working.  I took it back to the store I purchased it at and the luthier that works for them tried changing out the ribbon.  He said the b string is still a little bright.  Does anyone have any suggestions on this one???  We have already tried changing saddles out.  The luthier suggested changing to a fishman pickup.  Would this be a smart move??  Any info will help.  Thanks

The best thing to do is get in touch with Larrivee before you do anything else.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I certainly wouldn't change it to a Fishman.  I'm also not sure if I would put much trust in a dealer that sells you an expensive new guitar and then wants to solve a problem with it by selling you something else.

Be sure that the bottom of the saddle is smooth and is making solid contact with the pickup.  If that doesn't help, contact Larrivee.

Zach

>I'm also not sure if I would put much trust in a dealer that sells you an
>expensive new guitar and then wants to solve a problem with it by
>selling you something else.

I completely agree with that. B-bands are not inherently flawed, so there must be something off about your particular installation. There are a series of steps outlined in the owner's manual about what to with this particular problem. The dealer should be following them.

I also agree with contacting Larrivee. Something's not right here.

Thanks Guys!
          Although they weren't trying to sale me the fishman ribbon, I still would rather have the b-band.  I emailed Larrivee and B-Band.  Now I'm just sitting around waiting for a reply, which will probably be tomarrow.  I'll let yall know what the problem was when I get it corrected just in case this problem ever comes up again.  If yall think of anything else that might help feel free to reply back.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the preamp myself.