Show us your music room, jam area, studio !

Started by obe-wan, September 29, 2010, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Show us your music room, jam area, studio !"

1.  This is the "music room" mainly because I didn't want to move the piano upstairs.

2.   This is the real music room where I keep most of my guitars and misc. musical geegaws.  Also doubles as the library.

3.    This is the "have a few beers and shots and crank it up to 11 to entertain the neighbors" jam area / studio

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here's a closer look at my amps and electronics.  Most of my stuff is older than Methusula but it works fine for me since I'm just mostly a basement player anyways.  I used to gig with the MB4 bass and the Crate amp. back in the late 80s, early 90s.  The early 60s Silvertone Solid state head and cab is the first amp. I ever owned and the Black MIJ Squire strat (far left) is my first electric guitar.  I bought the amp used and the guitar new in 1984.  The "PA" is powered by a 60 watt Harman/Kardon Citation 12 Stereo power amp.  The preamp is a matching Citation 11 stereo preamp.   I bought these in the late 70s as my "ultimate component stereo system".
Equipment left to right:
-Fender Superchamp XD hybrid tube amp is sitting on top of the -Crate B160 Base amp (solid state, 100 watts, 15" speaker)
-Silvertone all solid state model 1465 head is 150 watts with spring reverb and tremolo (early 60s).  The original matching cabinet underneath was 6X10 Jensen speakers that I cut down to 4X10 in 1984.  This unit sounds excellent with accoustic guitars.
-Home made "equipment rack" from top to bottom, -6 channel radio shack mixer and radio shack electronic reverb unit, -Citation 11 preamp, -Denon DN 2000F MkII professional CD player with pitch control (bought these at a pawn shop a year ago for playing backing tracks thru the PA), -Citation 12 power amp sits on the bottom shelf.
-Line 6 Spyder III 15 watt amp. sits on -'70s VT model VR140 Guitar Equalizer head with spring reverb and tremolo (solid state) 160/120 watts (made in Canada, eh).  The speaker cabinet underneath is one I made by cutting a Fender 2-12 HF cab in half since one of the big drivers and the tweeter was missing.  I made a new 1X12 cab out of the bottom half.  It has the original Celestion speaker in it.  The top half of the original cab is sitting on the floor empty for now.

To the far right out of the picture is a cabinet with a component stereo system in it for playing LPs (Dual 1228 turntable), cassette tapes, CDs and an AM/FM tuner.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I do more live event support than play these days, so my "music room" is always changing. Last weekend I provided audio and lighting for the largest Oktoberfest celebration in Eastern Canada. Take one arena, decorate it to resemble a German beer garden, add truckloads of suds and food, open the gates and let 3500 energized folks polka 'til they drop....

Ron

Great music rooms forumites!  Tuffy is spoiled because he's got 3 rooms he's allowed to play in!  Ron, like most Canadians, loves beer.  :cheers  I will have to take a few photos of my music room in the rough with it's sheetrock and post up here.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Just because they don't get picturer's taken very often.Left to right 49 Gibson L7,65 Guild Starfire Bass I,65 Gibson L48 and not only was this my first name brand guitar as well as my first repair 65 Gibson B15,oh ya its an all hogger.

A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

This is my composition room.

Larrivée C-10 with iMix no cut
Laforest Classical #5
Godin Multiac Grand Concert SA nylon strings
Godin XTSA electric
Tacoma BM6C Baritone tuned ADGCEA with G and C one octave higher
Norman B20 HG

Nice room, claudefr! The screen wallpaper isn't too shabby either.

Ron

My corner.  Fun stuff.
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

gschaps  Nice Chair!!!! I went to their website ( http://soundseat.com/ ) and learned new orders for SoundSeats are not being taken  :mad:  :crying:

Read a nice review of them here http://www.in2guitar.com/soundseat.html

Too bad not taking any orders as seems like the exact thing I am after and made in the USA!!!!! Anyone know if this downstate is permanent :?

GSCHAPS how do you like it :? Sure looks like it would get me off the couch :tongue:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on October 02, 2010, 08:12:26 PM
Nice Chair!!!!
Hi Joyce.  Sound seat's great.  I got it used off another forum.  It doesn't appear they'll be back in business although, you never know.  Thanks.
Gary - RS-4 (for sale), Bourgeois VOM

Thats the collateral damage of the financial problems the world is experiencing. The collapse of small and cottage industries that produce quality products that may be a touch on the expensive side but are genuine quality. 

Unfortunately what we get left with is 'Made in China' trash.  Thankfully Larrivee seems to have weathered the storm

Anyone know if this product is done. Seems too good to be so from the accolades I have just read on The Net:?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

What's the gear I see in the picture Claude?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on October 03, 2010, 08:41:18 AM
What's the gear I see in the picture Claude?

Hi Bluesman,

First Rack have a patch bay, a Mackie 1604 VLZ3 and 2 power amp, a McIntosh MC502 (to 2 Castle HP not shown) and a Hafler TA 100 (to the Dynaudio BM6 on the desk)

On the second rack : a Motu 2408 MKII audio interface, a nice Neotek MicMax preamp, a DA88 8 track digital recorder, a Tascam 202MKIII dual Tape Deck, a Lexicon LXP15 effect processor, a Rane ME 15 graphic EQ and a Alesis 3630 Compressor.

In the bottum of that rack : a DAP20 Dat (cover with the Larrivée blue cloth), a DVD player, a Rane headphone distributor and a Power distribution module.

On the other side : a DX7 synth and a S1000KB sampler. In betwen, not showed, I have 2 Roland SC55 sound module, a TX7 synth expander and a SD20 with a Anatek SMP7 MIDI parch.

On the desk, 2 Acer monitors, a M-audio FW 410 and a BCF2000 control surface.

On the floor, a GR33 guitar synth module, a Line 6 PodXT live and a nice DBox sub. Plus a Mac G5 and a old Mac G3.

I think you reconize the Larrivée C10.

A lot of nice toys to play with!

Claude
Larrivée C-10 with iMix no cut
Laforest Classical #5
Godin Multiac Grand Concert SA nylon strings
Godin XTSA electric
Tacoma BM6C Baritone tuned ADGCEA with G and C one octave higher
Norman B20 HG

I'm impressed (and somewhat envious) of those who already have their music rooms together and functional.
This is a spliced-together picture of my "work in progress". Miles of wires left to plug in and a fair amount of equipment to be moved about and re-arranged, but this will be my playing and recording space.
My guitars get a room of their own very close by with humidity control.

dg

Quote from: claudefr on October 03, 2010, 10:59:43 AM
Hi Bluesman,

First Rack have a patch bay, a Mackie 1604 VLZ3 and 2 power amp, a McIntosh MC502 (to 2 Castle HP not shown) and a Hafler TA 100 (to the Dynaudio BM6 on the desk)

On the second rack : a Motu 2408 MKII audio interface, a nice Neotek MicMax preamp, a DA88 8 track digital recorder, a Tascam 202MKIII dual Tape Deck, a Lexicon LXP15 effect processor, a Rane ME 15 graphic EQ and a Alesis 3630 Compressor.

In the bottum of that rack : a DAP20 Dat (cover with the Larrivée blue cloth), a DVD player, a Rane headphone distributor and a Power distribution module.

On the other side : a DX7 synth and a S1000KB sampler. In betwen, not showed, I have 2 Roland SC55 sound module, a TX7 synth expander and a SD20 with a Anatek SMP7 MIDI parch.

On the desk, 2 Acer monitors, a M-audio FW 410 and a BCF2000 control surface.

On the floor, a GR33 guitar synth module, a Line 6 PodXT live and a nice DBox sub. Plus a Mac G5 and a old Mac G3.

I think you reconize the Larrivée C10.

A lot of nice toys to play with!

Claude

Dear moderators.  Please create a new emoticon of the little happy face guy waving a hand, palm down above it's head in a backward motion, with the caption "over my head"

Thanks, Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Claude I'm using a GR33 also do you/can you run your samplers with it.I'm thinking of buying one for live use to get acoustic guitars sounds that the GR33 can't quit get with its own programs?

dgrose I'd kill for that much space!!!Are you going to soundproof it?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

DG

http://21guitars.com

Very impressive  :thumbsup

I am also envious of the size of dg's room.  Wow!  Some nice music spaces.  I wish I had better knowledge on the electronics side.  I struggle with learning the recording gear I have.  I do have a GR20 which is a kick.

Looking forward to more pictures.   :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan

I live in a smallish flat,  with an open floor plan,  so I  use a space beside the dining table to hang the guitars i keep out, and have music stand, zoom H4, tuner, metronome, foot rest, porch board & amp all tucked into the shelves beside me, or behind the guitars that stand on the floor;

I'm really happy living where i am, so i'm ok with the compromises ;-)

d/

Hey guys, this is cool. Im loving seeing everyones music dedicated areas. Although I think some are just showin' off!  :wink:

Not a good thread for curing G.A.S. though...... :cop:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.