Show us your music room, jam area, studio !

Started by obe-wan, September 29, 2010, 06:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey guys, I know we all love pics of guitars around here, but I was thinkin', we all play 'em somewhere right? Where is your quiet place that you slink off to in the wee hours to have some quality time with your guitar?

Im lucky enough to have a downstairs room completely separated from the rest of the house to set up some gear.
The Gretsch drum kit is my 13 y.o. sons kit.

Missing is the Aria bass and Laney Bass amp, and a Wharfedale powered speaker, which are out on loan. And my Martin OM-21, which lives upstairs with me.  :winkin:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Great thread.  This is timely because we're house shopping and looked at one today with a space that would be my music room.  That's high on our list of "wants" for the next house.  The plan is to set up my G4 mac, M-box, etc. with some mics and all my many instruments. 

Sadly, right now I have 6 different instruments strewn all over my house, office, etc.

Would love to see some other people's spaces though.

Quote from: greentrees on September 29, 2010, 06:45:59 PM
This is timely because we're house shopping and looked at one today with a space that would be my music room. 

Thats what sold me on the house we are in now!  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I always like seeing what others do with their music gear as it always gives me new ideas.   :thumb

Downstairs I need to try and stay on the rug in the corner..... :laughin:

Upstairs I have a little more space.

Steve ....aka the SMan

Wow! Impressive Sman!  :cheers

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Pics of my basement music room to follow tomorrow.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Scott and Sman, sweet guitar rooms.  I love it.  I makes me want to finish up my attic and do something similar.  Right now my office and guitars are up there and I've gotten it sheetrocked but funds have been low to finish it.  I should take some pics and then when it's done, I can post before and after pics.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

OK this is were I work and play.Left to right.On the chair is my best buds Guild GAD J30 that has been living here for a year or so,next is ny OM03PA,LS09FM,Guild JF30/12,Guild JF30 and my LS10.

[attachment deleted by admin]
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on September 30, 2010, 10:05:29 AM
OK this is were I work and play.Left to right.On the chair is my best buds Guild GAD J30 that has been living here for a year or so,next is ny OM03PA,LS09FM,Guild JF30/12,Guild JF30 and my LS10.

Rob--

That is one cozy, comfortable lookin' room!  If I had a fridge full of beer, a good pizza delivery place nearby and a bathroom I could hold up in there for days, and speaking of bathrooms... what is that big, white C shaped thing on the table?  Is that an Uncle Rob signature model?

DAVE   :wave   :whistling:   :humour:
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

And Rob How come you got the Electric hidden in the corner :mad:    :humour:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

The big white "C" shaped thing is for most people a neck pillow,for me I use it as a way to cross my feet over each other.

OK give me a few and I'll take pix of the electric stuff.The reason I omitted them is I only jam acoustically,the electrics are for gigs.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

UR,

I see my old left-handed L-09FM you converted from bhika is looking good in the mix.  She's a little maple cannon, how's she sounding now that you have her strung up backwards.  :whistling:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

She's doing just fine.I use her with the electric band,I installed an active Ibeam and run it thru my Princeton reverb which take's away some of the harshness that I get from all acoustic pickups.Acoustically still a cannon with great tone.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

OK here is the electric side.The natural finish tele is my MIDI frankinsteen neck pu was routed into the top and is a K.Armstrong MIK P90 dogear,on top of the Fender Princeton Reverb is my Gretsch White Falcon,the white tele is sorta my strat type it has 3 EMG pu,the middle pu is a tele bridge pu also.My Riveria designed Fender Champ 112 is sitting on top of my Peavey 112 xtention cab.The Technical Pro is what I use to amplify my amp and MIDI thru for loader stage volumn.Not pictured are my Guild Starfire I bass and my Gibson L7 archtop.

OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I'll add mine, just a modest few compared to you guys. This is my recording "studio" . . .

I suppose I could elaborate. Starting from left is LSV-11e, then a Sunburst USA Std Strat with a Warmoth 1 3/4" neck and Texas Specials pickups. Both of these have light mediums and I use these  mainly for fingerpicking.

Then the white USA Std Strat with a beautiful mex Vintage style gloss finished 1 11/16th" neck and the newest addition, the lovely F-IV. Both have light gauge strings and are the fun strummer and lead guitar when I need it. I'd assembled both Strats from eBay auctions as far as pickups, pickguards, necks and bodies. Was fun getting just the right pieces together to end up with exactly what I wanted.

Barely lit is a midi keyboard I thought I'd use more than I do, a pair of inexpensive condenser mikes hooked to a Line 6 USB box shared by the Strats run thru Garageband on my Mac for home recording.

I would have killed for this set-up three decades ago but now that I'm a retired geezer with a little disposable income I finally have it. Loads O' fun!

:nana_guitar

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Wow guys! I'm envious  :drool: :drool: :drool:

And I'm jealous  :crying: :angry: :crying:

But mostly I am happy for you  :cheers  :thumbsup
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Great stuff guys! Keep 'em comin' !  :nana_guitar

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Ok here's my "music room".  Its actually a corner of my unfinished basement.  First pic is the whole area including a used drum set on the side that nobody plays but is there just in case someone comes over to jam.  There are some shelves for music and reference books, and an old chest of drawers in the corner for cords, mics, parts, nicknacks, etc.  The two main front PA speakers were designed and constructed by myself in about 1984 with drivers and crossovers from Radio Shack.

Second pic is "the stage".  These are all my current guitars and equipment.  Guitars, left to right:
-Samick Artist Series accoustic
-1985 Larrivee L model 12str.
-84 MIJ Squire strat just upgraded with the complete original wired pickguard from a 1989 57 vintage reissue strat
-Telecaster vintage replica I built from Warmoth and Stewmac parts
-2008 Les Paul Studio
-1994 Fender MB4 bass (MIJ)
-2007 Squire Bullet strat (MIC)
-83 L07 with original passive electronics (I think it's a "hot dot" transducer).

Equipment list in next post.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Looks like GAS is alive and well here.  Lots of great spaces.  :coffee :donut :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan