Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Larrivee  (Read 1898 times)
iamjoe

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:28:16 AM »

Just wanted to publicly thank Larrivee. I recently purchased a used 000-50, it did not come with a truss rod so I emailed Larrivee. Much to my suprise I received an email response during the holiday weekend. Mathew Larrivee took the time to respond, package a truss rod wrench and sent it via UPS. I received it today! I applaud the Larrivee Guitar Company. To put it in perspective I bought an R8 earlier this year, the truss rod wrench was missing.....................I am still waiting. I know I can buy one, its not the point.

I will be a life long fan!

Joe   +1

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
Fender Custom Shop "La Cabronita"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:20:33 AM »

Cool. Matthew has helped me out as well. It's really nice to see the personal touch from Larrivee. +1

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
leftync

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »

Good story, thanks for posting.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »

I've always found the company to be responsive and generous. Thanks for sharing your story. What's an R8, by the way?
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »

To put it in perspective I bought an R8 earlier this year, the truss rod wrench was missing.....................I am still waiting. I know I can buy one, its not the point.

I will be a life long fan!

Joe   +1

Bet you hadn't tried an RS4 before that R8 decision  If you haven't, try to get your hands on one, would be interested in your comments. Bet once you do, you will for sure be a life long fan as that is what Matt LARRIVEE does best - build top shelf electric guitars

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
BenHermanski

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »

What's an R8, by the way?

I think it is a specific Gibson Les Paul model... correct me, if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Ben

'10 D-02MH

www.benhermanski.com
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »

I think it is a specific Gibson Les Paul model... correct me, if I'm wrong.

Yup it's their flagship

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 01:45:16 PM »

Oh you mean the guitar that's half as good and twice as much? 
BenHermanski

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Oh you mean the guitar that's half as good and twice as much? 

good one!!

Cheers,
Ben

'10 D-02MH

www.benhermanski.com
iamjoe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »

Wow! Do I sense Gibson hate here?  ohmy Maybe I should not mention that I own couple Gibson and Fender Custom Shops. An R8 is a Gibson Custom Shop reissue of the 1958. I love my R8! I also love my Nocaster. I love every guitar that own. I say if it makes you happy who cares who the manufacturer is . With that said I am looking for a used RS4, being loyal is one thing but disliking just because, well, that is just plain silly.

Can't we all just get along? 

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »

Wow! Do I sense Gibson hate here?  ohmy Maybe I should not mention that I own couple Gibson and Fender Custom Shops. An R8 is a Gibson Custom Shop reissue of the 1958. I love my R8! I also love my Nocaster. I love every guitar that own. I say if it makes you happy who cares who the manufacturer is . With that said I am looking for a used RS4, being loyal is one thing but disliking just because, well, that is just plain silly.

Nope Friend You got it wrong NO Hatred here I too have a few Gibsons and a couple Fenders tho only one Custom Shop. The R8 is a nice guitar just suggesting you give the RS4 a look and be prepared to get blown away I certainly was and am very familiar with Gibsons. The Duck just thru a little humor in thats all. Nothing wrong with your R8 that's for sure except maybe the price

iamjoe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Nope Friend You got it wrong NO Hatred here I too have a few Gibsons and a couple Fenders tho only one Custom Shop. The R8 is a nice guitar just suggesting you give the RS4 a look and be prepared to get blown away I certainly was and am very familiar with Gibsons. The Duck just thru a little humor in thats all. Nothing wrong with your R8 that's for sure except maybe the price

I was not implying that you were rude or anything so no worries.
Price? I paid 2699 for it, what am I looking at for an RS4? I am really looking for a used one. If it is anything like my 000-50 in terms of feel I will fall in love all over again.

joe 

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
flathead

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »

iamjoe, this is the guitar JOYCWfromNS was referring to   http://www.larrivee.com/instruments/electrics/specs.php

It is a larrivee electric. Check it out. Flathead.

Larrivee D-60
Larrivee D-05 Gryphon Headstock
Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )
teh
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 06:09:09 PM »

Joe:

You have yourself a great guitar.

Don't be bashful about your Gibsons and Fenders. Over the years Gibsons have been played by lots of my favorite musicians from all genres including B.B. King, John Lennon, Roy Clark, Gordon Lightfoot, Les Paul and Chet Atkins and Fenders have been played by the likes of: Eric Claption, Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn. You are in good company.

TEH

Larrivee Parlor Flamed Maple
Larrivee LV-03 12 string w/ Mahogany Top 
Martin D-35 Shade Top
Martin OM-35 Sunburst
Martin 000-18 custom w/3 piece mahogany back, 12 fret slotted headstock
Martin Backpacker w/Nashville tuning
Oahu Square Neck
iamjoe

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »

iamjoe, this is the guitar JOYCWfromNS was referring to   http://www.larrivee.com/instruments/electrics/specs.php

It is a larrivee electric. Check it out. Flathead.

Looks killer! Anybody know of a chicago Dealer?

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »

Oh I was just kidding around. Look how hard I had to work to set it up, though. Dying's easy. Comedy's tough. 
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 10:20:32 PM »

I was not implying that you were rude or anything so no worries.
Price? I paid 2699 for it, what am I looking at for an RS4? I am really looking for a used one. If it is anything like my 000-50 in terms of feel I will fall in love all over again.

joe 

I assume you purchased used as I have never seen them much less than 4 Regardless Friend You know your electrics it seems thus get your hands on an RS 4 I'm sure you will especially luv the neck if you luv the R8. Give the tone a listen and the hardware simply is as good as it gets.

The RS4 sometimes comes up in this Forums For Sale Section when hardship raises it's ugly head!!!

I apologize for the slight hijack on your initial post of the nice experience with Larrivee Customer Service 

iamjoe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »

I assume you purchased used as I have never seen them much less than 4 Regardless Friend You know your electrics it seems thus get your hands on an RS 4 I'm sure you will especially luv the neck if you luv the R8. Give the tone a listen and the hardware simply is as good as it gets.

The RS4 sometimes comes up in this Forums For Sale Section when hardship raises it's ugly head!!!

I apologize for the slight hijack on your initial post of the nice experience with Larrivee Customer Service 

My R8 was purchased new from Center City Music in San Deigo. They even shipped it for free. My favorite guitar hands down is my nocaster. I make it a habbit of scanning the for sale forum in search of an RS4.

Larrivee RS4
Larrivee 000-50
Gibson 54 Reissue
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 06:03:53 AM »

Watch ebay for used/new RS-4's........there was just three on there few days ago, I just landed tobacco/P90's and another one sold as well. I think an amber HB model may still be listed.

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
markslife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 06:11:17 AM »

Oh yeah, to stay on focus for thread.............Matt Larrivee called me a day or two after I sent a general email with a few questions on a used RS4 before I purchased. Just raised my respect for the company all ther more!

Mark
Larrivee D03R
Larrivee RS4 tobacco P90's
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: