Larrivee ?? vs. Taylor GA

Started by jrporter, August 31, 2010, 05:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No, this is isn't intended as the start of a flame thread but merely a question: Which model Larrivee is closest in size to a Taylor GA?

Well, I'll try not to shoot flames but it's the other way around. Which Larrivée is a Taylor GA emulating? The L body is the prototype for this style of guitar.  :smile:  

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 31, 2010, 06:09:36 PM
Well, I'll try not to shoot flames but it's the other way around. Which Larrivée is a Taylor GA emulating? The L body is the prototype for this style of guitar.  :smile:  

I like the size/tone of a Taylor GA but have played very few Larrivees. That's why I posed the question as I did. It wasn't intended as a which came first question.... :nana_guitar

The Larrivee came first. The "L" is such a successful innovation, it is a wonder why more guitar builders have not copied the concept.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: jrporter on August 31, 2010, 06:21:00 PM
I like the size/tone of a Taylor GA but have played very few Larrivees. That's why I posed the question as I did. It wasn't intended as a which came first question.... :nana_guitar

Oh I know that but I can't help myself. When discussing luthiers, however, if there's any doubt, I like to point out that Jean Larrivée came before most of those building today. And the L is it!   :smile: