So Long, Ritchie Hayward.

Started by ducktrapper, August 13, 2010, 07:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Feat drummer, Ritchie Hayward, has passed away at 64. Great drummer. Great band. Great loss. Be sure to watch the embedded video.

http://www.straight.com/article-338614/vancouver/little-feat-drummer-and-founding-member-richie-hayward-dies-liver-cancer

Another great gone.Getting old really sucks.RIP.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the news Duck, and ringing some memories. I enjoyed Little Feat lots back in the late 70's while running around Texas. Hard to believe I'm still kickin when I think of those days. Also hard to believe I still run into people who've never heard of Little Feat. Great music.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Sad news indeed. In my opinion he was one of the most naturally funky drummers I ever heard.
Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele

One of rock's best drummers. I think I have seen this band perform live more than any other.
They were here in town a couple of weeks ago (without Richie, of course) and I was slated to do their load-in and work the show that night as I have done for them many times before but I had to cancel due to illness.
His wife Shauna wrote daily heartbreaking updates on his health and treatments, CT scans, etc and their struggle to get him Canadian citizenship, that he might be covered under national health care. Turns out he like most rock musicians wasn't covered by any corporate health plan in the states.