Re-release the first Larrivee electric

Started by fritferret, August 02, 2010, 06:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Larrivee were to offer their first electric guitars again, would you get one?  I would, but I'd want one without the Floyd.  What do you think the chances are of then offering it again?

Well I have a couple of the 80's RS 4's tho they are great guitars they are no way in the league of today's RS 4's

Do I think Larrivee will offer up something similar to their 80's style - YES for sure!!!!

There is a good portion of the market who do not like LP style guitars and Larrivee is too good at making electrics to not spread the luv.

Thus it would be no surprise to me if 2011 or 2012 we saw a tele or strat style or both entrys to the market by Matt LARRIVEE and company
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

If they do, I hope they lose the '80s-style headstock!  (Although I think those big-hair metal guitars are making a bit of a retro comeback now, so who knows....)
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Anything is possible.  If they do, I would like to see a tele.  I own several 80's Larrivee electrics including one tele and they are indeed great guitars.  Also, those pointy headstocks kinda grow on you.   :bgrin:
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

No worse than a Fender headstock, once you've owned and played one.

This was the main thrust of my post a month or two ago asking if Larrivee would ever offer an electric without a tune-o-matic type of bridge.  I find I simply can't abide those type of bridges, as I have 25+ years of playing electrics where the strings sit only perhaps 1/2" at most above the body of the guitar.

I could do without the pointy headstock.  I do like 6 in line for tuning ease, but not the bird-beak pointedness.  Angle it back like a Les Paul so we don't need string tees, but 6 on a side would be nice.
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud