REDONE "we're makin rainbows"

Started by flatlander, August 01, 2010, 02:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've now layered the song a little. I was screamin for Bass. I didn't feel like playing bass to I tuned quitar down to double dropped D and did bass lines with guitar. While I was at it I redid mandolin cause I thought my other one (F5 copy) would sound better and it does.

I originally just put up words to song when I wrote it  the other night.
Heres link to quick recording of it. . 1st song "we're makin rainbows.            matt

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113&content=music

To let you know I'm still above ground I'll put some words up for a song I just finished.  Maybe music later but not set up to record and it's way late and I'm tired. Wrote on mandolin.
Haven't been on here much lately because working 60 hrs a week, A couple big issues with family, mom and wife, and playing music including gigging a lot with Angie, any time that's left over.

We're makin Rainbows

Take a big piece of sunshine, mix it with a little rain, Took me a while to figure it out but now I think I can explain...
We're makin rainbows......That's what we do.
And I'll stand in this rain all day, if that's what it takes...to make rainbows with you.

The crescent moon turned upside down, with songbirds chokin, just about to drown.
Clear blue skies became yesterdays news. And a pot full of gold became a pocket full of blues................
You gllided in like a morning sun, bustin up the fog , puttin demons on the run.
A little rain, he didn't stand a chance, The birds began to sing and the sky began to dance.

And I'll stand in this rain all day, if that's what it takes...to make rainbows with you.

You know where you're comin from, risin out of the sea puttin darkness on the run.
Thinkin ya knowin where ya going you head to the west, you go away for the night where you get your rest.
I come and go like the summer rain, comin out of nowhere-disappearin again.
Sometimes theres thunder, sometimes there's wind, but when I meet the sun there's rainbows again.

I'll stand in this rain all day, if that's what it takes...to make rainbows with you.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

"Clear blue skies became yesterdays news. And a pot full of gold became a pocket full of blues................"

Great line Matt. Fo snizzle.....................

Thanks, heres a quick recording of song..  1st on page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113&content=music

Nice song Matt, love the mandolin.  Clever lyrics too.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I've now layered the song a little. I was screamin for Bass. I didn't feel like playing bass so I tuned quitar down to double dropped D and did bass lines with guitar. While I was at it I redid mandolin cause I thought my other one (F5 copy) would sound better and it does. Give another listen if you please,

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=869113
Now 2nd song "we're makin rainbows"

Very cool. Sounds like you're having a load of fun!
If it sounds good, it is good.

Hi Matt,

Fun song, how many different people are playing on this?
How are you doing the layers (multitracking)?

How are you recording the mandolin (pickup/mic?)

Thanks guys and I am having fun. In more detail for ST, I just wanted it to be fuller. It needed Bass but my bass is rather hard to play without it roaring. I have to play it about a week to get touch right. So originally it just had guitar and mandolin. One of each.To get a bassier sound I tuned guitar to double dropped D so 1st and 6th string tuned down a step. That allowed me to play bass lines on the 5th and 6th strings and but also used the trebles particularly at the very beginning. 1st verse. After that you can hear the bass lines. I left the original guitar as was. So 2 guitars.
Then I took my cedar topped mandolin and just played rythm with open chords. It just kinda blends things together and is hard to hear unless you're looking for it. It's in the left chan. Then got my F5 copy (Micheal Kelly) mandolin and played the right chan lead mandolin. Added Harmony. So the extra tuned down guitar and left chan mandolin are subtle but really help fill song in and make it bigger.
 How many people? All of my personalities were there! Well maybe not all of them. Blues dude was on vacation.   Oh and I just about always mic acoustic instruments as I did hear. Only under special circumstances
do I use pickup when recording.