New Color!!!!

Started by fritferret, July 29, 2010, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

folks!

i just got these from matthew of my new custom candy blue rs-4!  it does NOT yet have clear coat on it.  matthew also said the guitar looks a bit bluer than it actually it--there a shade of green to it.

i sent matthew request for this color and he said no problem.  i think he nailed it!  enjoy!!!!   :nanadance :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar

I've never heard of "candy" blue but that's going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see the finished product. Keep us posted. 

:thumbsup :thumb

:nice guitar:

That's gonna be sweet!

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

is it me or is the guy holding the guitar a giant?  i never thought of the rs-4 as a small guitar, but he makes it look like a toy!

Quote from: fritferret on July 30, 2010, 07:14:41 AM
is it me or is the guy holding the guitar a giant?  i never thought of the rs-4 as a small guitar, but he makes it look like a toy!

Nah I'd say it's you; as legs look in proportion to table and RS 4 body the same with his arm. But gotta say your observation skills a little stronger than mine as when all I saw when I 1st looked was that new RS 4 body with a one of a kind color. That's gonna be a true treasure you might have to get another of a common color to use everyday and keep this one for "special occasions" :ohmy:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

It's modelled on the LS body. Not large. Heavy muffa though!

A lefty in candy blue.    I'm sure it will be on of a kind.    Congratulations.   :beer

I'd say you're right ... he looks like a healthy big boy!

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 30, 2010, 10:33:31 AM
I'd say you're right ... he looks like a healthy big boy!

I don't think there's any denying that he's a big fella.     

For comparison purposes................

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Joyce, I love the colour of your new guitar!

It reminded me of a picture I saw recently of a much older Larrivee solid body electric from the 1980's. The picture is attached. The caption under the picture reads:

"Nane Kvilsäter playing his LT-4 Custom LT-4 in Iroc Blue (Chevy color) with black and white binding."

I have no idea who he is. Swedish. Spiky hairdoo. Blue satin 1980's stage getup. And, a very, very cool looking guitar.

An "Iroc" is a model variation for Chevrolet Camaro. It hasn't been used for many years.

So I suppose if someone asks you about your guitar and says "WOW! Great guitar. What colour is that?" You can answer "Iroc". And, of course, having a guitar that looks that good, you do indeed rock.

Peter

Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"

madoclake  nope not mine it is going to one lucky  fritferret

BUT I do have an Iroc tooo   :nana_guitar

Nice Iroc blue guitar!

Sorry Fritferret. I mis-read the thread. The new blue one is yours! 
Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"

Quote from: fritferret on July 29, 2010, 02:24:40 PM

That is the color my old Larrivee six string fretless electric bass was.  Gold Schaller hardware.  It truly was a thing of beauty.  If anyone ever sees it I am always looking.  :crying:

Thus, this is a color they have done before, just not for 20+ years.   :cheers  This should be a beautiful guitar.

this is first time color for larrivee.  iordered custom.  sent matthew an email w/ some pis, and sent me some samples on maple.  the pics don' really shpw the color that well.  in a dim room it looks black, and in a litle more light it's a deep, and in brighter lighht it's a cool deep blue w/ some geen in it.  when i get it i'll try to show it in several shades of light.  can't wait!

I believe I've seen at least one guitar with a very similar colour here. You may have to browse around.

http://www.larrivee-electrics.co.uk/forum.htm,

it's here!!!  these ar pic from the dealer, but i'll post my own soon.  dark and rainy here today.

Quote from: fritferret on September 17, 2010, 01:54:46 PM
it's here!!!  these ar pic from the dealer, but i'll post my own soon.  dark and rainy here today.

Pics won't open for me ... all I'm getting is a box with a red X in it!

Same here.  Try again, I want to say this bad boy.

Me too.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar