Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need B-Band UST/AST advice  (Read 908 times)
guitom

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »

I bought a L-05 knowing it had a pickup in it, but finally got around to having a good look and it's a B-Band with AST and UST, but not the version with blending control.  I need advice on what external unit might do the job for blending and shaping the sound.  
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »

How sure are you it is a dual source unit?
There are 2 variants of pre-amps that I know from B-Band and both have blend controls: the Barn-door unit that is outside of the guitar

and the "no-cut) A2.2 unit that looks like this:

If the pre-amp looks like this:

and is mounted at the endpin-position, then I don't think it is a dual source system (unless it is customised)

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
guitom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »

I'm sure.  It'san A2, which is just like the A2.2 but doesn't come with the blending volume controls.  So basically you're on your own to do that.  I don't have a picture but here's a blurb from Shoreline Music that describes it.

A2 - The A2 is an endpin preamp similar to the B-Band A1 models, but with two inputs, stereo output, and onboard dip switches for minor EQ rolloff adjustments. Because the output of this preamp is stereo, it's best blended offboard with some sort of mixing preamp like the DTAR Solstice or similar. Available in packages with the AST and UST. (photo) (photo of complete system)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:41:28 AM »

I'm sure.  It'san A2, which is just like the A2.2 but doesn't come with the blending volume controls.  So basically you're on your own to do that.  I don't have a picture but here's a blurb from Shoreline Music that describes it.

A2 - The A2 is an endpin preamp similar to the B-Band A1 models, but with two inputs, stereo output, and onboard dip switches for minor EQ rolloff adjustments. Because the output of this preamp is stereo, it's best blended offboard with some sort of mixing preamp like the DTAR Solstice or similar. Available in packages with the AST and UST. (photo) (photo of complete system)

I think that answers your question.
You can e-mail or call Jon at Shoreline as well - he'll be able to help (guaranteed)

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
guitom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »

Good point!  I guess I was wondering what other units might work other than what he mentioned, but I'd be well served just to call and get his advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: