Rickenbacker is home

Started by lyric_girl, July 18, 2010, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Rickenbacker 360 in JetGlo came home yesterday. Some of you know that this has been a long wait.

I haven't had a chance to play her yet as we are currently renovating, but I will post once I have.

Lynda

[attachment deleted by admin]
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Congrats!  That is a very cool-looking Ric.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

The Patience of Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Lynda

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks. That's why I had absolutely no problem waiting for the Forum III as I was already 5 months into the Ric wait when we ordered the Forum IIIs. I always new that it was coming and didn't spend a whole lot of time obsessing about it. :roll

Lynda

Here is your first Rickenbacker 360 JetGlo lesson on you tube. Let her rip Girl !!!! :nana_guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uNlIfvDG4

Flathead.
Larrivee D-60
Larrivee D-05 Gryphon Headstock
Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )

Congratulatins, Lynda. She's a beauty; that's for sure.
The best things are worth waiting for.  :nice guitar:

Give her a hug and a kiss from me.Welcome home!!!!

:nice guitar:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Congrats!  After a long wait like you've had, that guitar is like GOLD! Enjoy!!! And report back!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Ya but the real question is what amp are you planning to use? :nana_guitar
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Well you finally have it. So now do we get to hear some hot licks?  :winkin:

Quote from: unclrob on July 19, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
Ya but the real question is what amp are you planning to use? :nana_guitar

Vox, of course. Model undecided.

Congrats on finally getting it home! You've got more history with that guitar before you've even played it than most of us will have with any guitar we have - Enjoy it for a long, long time!   Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

I was wondering what name you would bestow on her.     I see "Selena" is in your signature.  You are more creative than me...  I would have just referred to it as blackie.    :tongue:

Beautiful guitar.   Paired with a Vox amp you'll be good to go. 

Vox great choice.I use to own a 360/12 that I played thru an old 64 Fender Pro had a 15" speaker and sounded lushish.Congrats again. :thumb
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Lynn, you know I put thought into these things. I did think of Raven, but I thought I would need to be in a heavy metal band to have a guitar named Raven :roll

The name Selena comes from my favourite female vampire in the Underworld movies played by Kate Beckinsale.

Have to tell everyone that this guitar rocks. The neck is SO amazing and so easy for me to play.

I am SO in love with this guitar and almost can't believe that I almost gave up the opportunity to own her.

WOW  :nice guitar:

Quote from: lyric_girl on July 20, 2010, 12:12:06 PM
Have to tell everyone that this guitar rocks. The neck is SO amazing and so easy for me to play.

I am SO in love with this guitar and almost can't believe that I almost gave up the opportunity to own her.

WOW  :nice guitar:

What made you decide she was a "she" and no a "he?"   :guitar

Quote from: Walkerman on July 22, 2010, 11:12:21 AM
What made you decide she was a "she" and no a "he?"   :guitar

Maybe the fact that she comes from an all girl family explains it?

I'd love to hear a recording with all the sisters singing different parts!
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Lynda,

Congrats on your Ric!

I met a knowledgeable guitar guy who gave the following reply when I discussed Rics with him:

"If you ordered a twelve-string, you'll want to pair it with a good compressor--especially if you're playing live or recording. There are lots of good ones out there, but I highly recommend the Jangle Box (www.janglebox.com). Some players like to use compressors with their six string Rics too because it adds some "chime" for that jingle-jangle effect.

Pairing it with the right amp is important. We live in a world with tube amp snobs. I prefer my Les Pauls and Strats through tube amps too, but I find that less important with the Rickenbacker. The classic pairing is a Vox AC15 or Vox AC30, which are both tube amps. But they can be pricey, so a good substitute is a Roland Jazz Chorus amp. They come in multiple sizes and you can usually find a used one at a low price online or in pawnshops. Rics sound amazing through Roland JC amps. I've seen Paul Weller, Peter Buck, and Marty Willson-Piper play their Rics through Roland JC amps, so they've figured this out too.

Strings. I like to use .10's because .09's sound a little thin. Ric purists use a brand called Pyramid. I have flat wounds on one of my Rics, but I wouldn't recommend that if this is your main player.

I also recommend signing up for the forums on the Rickenbacker website (www.rickenbacker.com). It's an active board and the people there are a good source of information."

Hope this helps. A Midnight Blue 360 6 string may be in my future (October 2010)...
Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars

To me Vox is more old school than a lot of the newer brands e.g. Orange or Line 6. Also, you have to remember, that this whole adventure has an REM impetus, so therefore it's gotta be a Vox.

I have been a member of both the RickResource forum and the Rickenbacker forum since before I ordered Selena.

As for the girls' names, I thought all guitars were girls. :roll