Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your First Larrivee  (Read 9416 times)
Bobmoon10

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 01:47:52 PM »

Only have two Larrivee`s. First is an L-01 hog b/s, and I`m always amazed by the tone and action of this git! I sometimes think I must be exaggerating
to myself just how good this guitar is! Then I go and pick it up and,  well!!!

The D-03sp is also a pleasure to play and hear! Not as good as the L-01 (tone wise) but it`s only young yet and it is improving!

Cheers all!
Rob M. 

2003-  L-01
2008-  D-03e sp
2006-  Takamine Jumbo 12
1971-  Telecaster
lv-03rzbk

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »

My first is a LV-03R. What can I say.....a great guitar that I should play more.
Definitely a keeper.

I am starting to think that I need a dread w/mahogany back and sides....

My first post also.....glad I found the forum......any input on the dreads is very welcome.
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »

My first was a 98 D-09 bought new with all that was left in my late Dad's estate when all the dust had settled.  There was just enough left, so I bought a guitar in memory of him.  He taught me my first 3 chords when I was about 10.  It will never sell and It gets better all the time.  My second was a 97 special edition OM-09 Walnut.  Best sounding guitar for finger style I have yet to hear.  It will never sell.  My latest is a P-03R and her and I are just falling in love.  I don't plan to sell any of my Larrivees.  Have sold plenty of my other guitars and will sell more ... to buy my next Larrivee, a 12 fret Pete Anderson OM when I find one.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
HudsDad

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »

My '08 L-03BB.   Bought it new a few months ago.  Not my favorite guitar, but still a keeper.

OutWithTheBlue

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »

I have another Larrivee on the way and I'm very excited. Can't wait to get it! It's a L-03RE

04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
Anyone's Everything.
guitone

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 10:58:41 AM »

It was a mid '90's (I  had Buzz at lark street when he was in Albany NY order it for me) LS mahogany. Very plain and I would still have it had it been a short scale. The workmanship was flawless and I loved the design.
Badweather

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »

Hey folks.  This is my first post on the forum.  I'm pleased to say that I'm now a proud owner of a D-02.  I picked it up from the Ottawa Folklore Center.  I play a wide range of styles (different session work, etc), but never had a great acoustic.  My passion is bluegrass when not playing mostly jazz or blues gigs, but I feel like this guitar will fit well with any occasion. 

I'm looking forward to getting down to some woodshedding on this guitar and seeing what sounds I can get out of it.

Brent in Ottawa
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »

I got my first an, 0M-05 about nine months ago. That was followed by an L-03RE a couple of months later. The only pics I have are from the original owners, hope they don't mind me posting them. ( The lefty world is a small one and I'm guessing they may be members here  )

reechee

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »

I was on a quest to find the perfect guitar. There was no price limit. I tried Martins, Taylors Gibsons and all the usual suspects but my ear kept turning toward a brand I wasn’t familiar with- Larrivee. Every store I went to no matter what they carried, if they carried Larrivee, that’s the one I liked best.

My mission took me to almost every music store, large and small, in Northern California. One magical day I went to Marc Silber Music in Berkeley, California. Marc is a luthier and had just taken this in trade for one of his custom creations. Well, it was love at first strum. While playing it, I was fortunate to have the first owner come in to pick up his new guitar. I asked him why he was selling such a great instrument and he said it was to pay for a new custom made guitar.

Well, I bought it on June 1, 1999 and owned it until October 4, 2008. The only reason I sold it was to pay for a D-72. Both the D-10 and the D-72 sounded almost identical.  I now have the D 72, a C-10 and a OM-10 custom shop. I must admit, I am a sucker for bling, however, that is not why I bought it. It just sounded great.

What I find unusual in retrospect after I became more familiar with Larrivee, is that none of the fret markers are the same. Also, I have seen very few griffin headstocks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

What? This old thing? 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: