its a run of 5 only as I recall

Man, I would almost go in debt to get this one.........almost

- Larry

PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

They sure are pretty...I wish I liked koa as a tonewood....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

yea, rosewood would be my choice...

its the 00 size,, 12 fret slot head AND SHORT SCALE  that make me  :drool:

try and find another Larrivee like this .....maybe there are some but I've not seen one

- Larry
PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Walkerman
I believe this is the 00 Koa slothead short scale in question.     Warning...don't look at your own risk

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184131

I think there's one with your name on it...

Tuffy

By the way...   interesting that the Acoustic Guitar Forum refers to these guitars as Forum Guitars.    The dealer is offering a reduced price to AGF forum members but they are still pretty expensive compared to all the previous Larrivee Guitar Forum guitars

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 03, 2010, 01:08:11 AM
By the way...   interesting that the Acoustic Guitar Forum refers to these guitars as Forum Guitars.    The dealer is offering a reduced price to AGF forum members but they are still pretty expensive compared to all the previous Larrivee Guitar Forum guitars

The dealer (I think his name is Ted at LA Guitars) has been pretty clear that they are not forum guitars. They are a short run that he has ordered and is selling. Like almost any other dealer his discounted price is below the MAP but you can call him or write and get the discount.

Sure its more expensive than our forum guitars. One of them is a short scale slothead in koa with series 10 trim. One of the goals of our forum guitars has been to make as cheap a guitar as possible to keep the price down. Ted just ordered what he wanted and put them up for sale....

They do look pretty though....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I guess it was just one individual who referred to them as forum guitars.     The dealer did correct that statemet in one of his posts.    It's just a special run, not connected with this or any other forum.   I didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Those look sweet...and they kind of answer the question that keeps getting tossed around on this forum, "Does Larrivee have a Custom Shop?" Well, if a dealer can order 5 guitar's to very unique specs like that, those are pretty close to being "custom shop" guitars.

I realize a true custom shop would do one-off's, but this is pretty darn close!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 03, 2010, 01:02:53 AM
Walkerman
I believe this is the 00 Koa slothead short scale in question.     Warning...don't look at your own risk

Tuffy
WOW!!!!   DON'T LOOK IS RIGHT.     :winkin:

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 03, 2010, 01:02:53 AM
Walkerman

Tuffy

Tuffy...believe it or not, but I got this for less (new) than what they're charging for those....... :cheers

Quote from: Dotneck on July 03, 2010, 06:34:55 AM
The dealer (I think his name is Ted at LA Guitars) has been pretty clear that they are not forum guitars. They are a short run that he has ordered and is selling. Like almost any other dealer his discounted price is below the MAP but you can call him or write and get the discount.

Sure its more expensive than our forum guitars. One of them is a short scale slothead in koa with series 10 trim. One of the goals of our forum guitars has been to make as cheap a guitar as possible to keep the price down. Ted just ordered what he wanted and put them up for sale....

They do look pretty though....
Yes 3 are -09's and 2 are -10's. I saw them being made. Curious what they (and the short scale 00-03R's he also ordered) sound like? BTW Ted is a good guy to deal with.
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Wow, Walkerman, is that an all Koa D-10?!  (And less than those 00's)
I, also, am not a koa tone fan, but a dreadnaught might have enough bass...
what say you?

Quote from: naboz on July 03, 2010, 01:53:03 PM
Wow, Walkerman, is that an all Koa D-10?!  (And less than those 00's)
I, also, am not a koa tone fan, but a dreadnaught might have enough bass...
what say you?

This particular box does have a good bass..it is my go to for open tunings where I drop the bass even more....Ohio, Don't Let it Bring You Down, Find the Cost of Freedom...all come out sounding really good.