D'Angelico Round Wound strings for a 12er

Started by Michael T, June 30, 2010, 05:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've never tried these due to price. I just got a coupon for Elderly's 4th of July string sale and I am preparing an order, by the way these are crazy low prices on all stock strings. These retail for $15.00 a pack for the 12 string, they have them priced at 3 packs for 18.00 then another 20% off the total order with free shipping on orders over either 69 or 89 bucks (still 1st cup of coffee) that makes them 4.97 a set for a 12 string!

I am a round core junkie and my favorite is DR Sunbeams which are $4.74 a set for 3 packs for my 6 string and less if I buy 5. I realize these are hex core, round wound. Great buys, btw I am not affiliated with Elderly but thought if my friends here could save some bucks why not spread the joy  :bgrin:

Has anyone used the D'Angelico steel strings? Tone? Lifespan? In either 6 or 12 string set? These have a gauge mix that is very close to what I usually custom order for my 12 so I thought for that kind of money I'd try them but sure would like some input 1st.
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

That's a blast from the past. In the early 1970s my favourite strings were "D'Merle - successor to D'Angelico", but everyone referred to them as "D'Angelicos". I used to buy them in London, but haven't seen any for a long time. Guess there's more choice of strings available now - although some argue most are actually made in the D'Addario factory to different specifications.
Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele

Michael, have never used D'Ang' strings, so no help there, but...
I didnt see the Elderly mail--how long is the sale on strings?
(I love an excuse to go up there!)