Any G & L ASAT owners out there?

Started by L05HD28, June 28, 2010, 12:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody have opinions on these guitars?
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Great guitars....super craftsmanship.

If I had the money I'd have an ASAT Classic,and I'm a tele freak.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I have a G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy made in Fullerton, CA.  It's a beauty and plays incredibly.

I have one or two ... well seven actually  :wacko:

Fender seemed to stop catering much for lefty players a while back so I took the plunge and ordered a Bluesboy semi hollow sight unseen from a well known dealer in Florida ( I'm in Ireland). That one was quickly followed by an ASAT III, and subsequently by a Classic Custom, a Deluxe semi, a couple of Specials and a solid body Bluesboy. They may look like a Tele but all of the different models have their own thing going on. The MFD pickups have a higher output with more midrange than a typical Fender single coil found in a Tele, they also have less 60 cycle hum, not silent by any means but less than the Fender equivalent. The MFDs are wound differently for the different models, the one in the bridge of the Bluesboy is wound to match the neck humbucker, those in the III are the same as those in the G&L S500, the neck MFD in the Classic Custom is overwound with a very fat and warm tone for a single coil, and finally the extra large rectangular MFDs in the Special is the hottest of the lot, plenty of output and lots of bite. One thing to know about G&Ls in general is the neck profiles do vary quite a bit, well lots actually ! The older necks tend to be slim and the newer ones are larger. They currently produce ten different neck profiles in combinations of width, depth, and 12" or 7.5" radius. My Bluesboy semi has an extra chunky birds eye maple neck with satin tint and a 12" rosewood fingerboard, the III has a very slim neck in comparison with a 7.5" radius. A couple also have the optional gun oil tint.

Pics ...

Bluesboy semi

III

Deluxe semi

Classic Custom

Special

Special

Bluesboy solid body

Well said SouthpawGuy!  I did not think I'd like an electric guitar after having only acoustic guitars, but I really like the ease of playability and the various sounds--especially with my Bluesboy.

Southpawguy..
I'm in absolute awe! What a great collection.  :nana_guitar
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Quote from: L05HD28 on June 28, 2010, 07:49:45 PM
Southpawguy..
I'm in absolute awe! What a great collection.  :nana_guitar

Yup
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I would go for the Deluxe semi with the custom classic pu's. :drool:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on June 28, 2010, 09:54:19 PM
I would go for the Deluxe semi with the custom classic pu's. :drool:

Actually, I see a Buterscotch Blonde semi-hollow bluesboy with a fast "62 vintage Tele" style radius rosewood neck in my future  :nana_guitar
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on June 28, 2010, 05:17:12 PM
I have one or two ... well seven actually  :wacko:

Pics ...

Bluesboy semi

III

Deluxe semi

Classic Custom

Special

Special

Bluesboy solid body

Wow-all those BEAUTIFUL backwards guitars! I thought I had stepped into the Twilight Zone! (JUST KIDDING!). I haven't got an ASAT (YET!), but I have an American Legacy Standard, and that has totally cured me of any real desire to buy a Fender. I just think G&L guitars rule! Beautifuyl collection!
-Mikey

Thanks ! I'm a bit of a G&L nut, I actually have fourteen of them, the others being five Legacys and a couple of S500s.

Hopefully without going too far off topic here's a few pics ...

Legacy

Legacy Deluxe

Legacy HB

Legacy 2HB

Legacy Special

S500

S500 Deluxe

.. welcome to the Twilight Zone !  :nana_guitar