rockstar_not: photos of '85 Peavey Milestone?

Started by Mikeymac, June 17, 2010, 11:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, rockstar_not,

I just read your latest post and clicked on your link to your photos and stuff out of curiosity. I haven't had a chance to listen to your music yet, but I will!

Do you have any photos of your old Peavey Milestone?

I had one, either an '85 or '86; mine was a lefty, which means it was also black (only color available for southpaws). I sold it a looooong time ago and have regretted that...but a few years ago I was able to purchase a lefty Milestone neck and body from Chip Todd (who worked at Peavey for years and designed the original T-60 guitars and T-40 basses). He said he'd been to Meridian, and Hartley had let him go through some parts bins and take what he wanted; they were part of his stash!  Someday I'll get it put together, though it won't be all original, but I DO have some T-60 pickups to put in it (and the pots and wiring as well).

Check out my blog spot sometime (link at bottom); sounds like we're on the same page on some things...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I don't have any photos of this guitar - however if it's interesting to you, I can take some and post them to my imageshack.us account for your viewing pleasure.  Mine is a sunburst right-handed model.  The saddles in the bridge are out of my MIM Fat Strat, because I swapped out the original Peavey saddles for Graphtec saddles many moons ago after much string breakage!

Then when I got my strat, I 'repurposed' the graphtec saddles to the strat and put the original Peavey saddles back in the Milestone. 

Scratch the original comment - I decided to take some snapshots of the axe and put them up for your enjoyment.  Click to see full size images.

Note that this was before all of the Milestones seemed to go single coil/strat like.  This is kind of like the bridge between T-60 and the later Milestones.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Thanks for taking time to share those pics.

The Milestone's electronics were like the T-60's; with the tone control all the way up, the pickup was in single coil; rolling it back to around 7 put it into full humbucker and rolling down from there rolled highs off. 24.75 scale length, and as I recall on mine, a nice fast neck that was easy to play.

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Yes, I still have the manual for this guitar - and that is how the tone controls work.  I plan to give this guitar some love - stopped on my way home and bought a new set of Graph-tech saddles for it and some new strings.  I'll be putting them on probably tomorrow evening, setting intonation, etc. after a good fretboard cleaning and oiling.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud