Guqin

Started by ducktrapper, June 29, 2010, 10:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I watched a long movie last night, Red Cliff, about a ancient Chinese battle. Skipping to the chase, here's my favourite part. Guqin headcut!

http://www.casttv.com/video/7jedl11/red-cliff-the-guqin-chinese-guitar-like-instrument-scene-video

I will not watch this film..it is produced by the state run China Film Group.... as long as the government of china does not allow political freedom for its people,engages in torture,and slave labor which is destoying the American workers standard of living...I could not in good conscience watch this film......I much prefer Harold and Maude   :wave  have a nice day

Quote from: balgit on June 29, 2010, 11:40:46 AM
I will not watch this film..it is produced by the state run China Film Group.... as long as the government of china does not allow political freedom for its people,engages in torture,and slave labor which is destoying the American workers standard of living...I could not in good conscience watch this film......I much prefer Harold and Maude   :wave  have a nice day

Communism sucks but if you really mean to avoid everything Chinese, you'll be busy. Good luck. As for everyone else, this is pretty cool. And it's free.

Balgit's goal tho the same as mine is near impossible in todays market.  :cheers Balgit tho I think we are fighten a losing battle I do go out of my way to buy responsibly but am shamed to say that I own a Blueridge Git tho it's no Larrivee it is quite a Martin copy - the circumstances too complicated to get into here of that purchase.

Busy busy busy in Nova Scotia
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 29, 2010, 07:51:26 PM
Communism sucks but if you really mean to avoid everything Chinese, you'll be busy. Good luck. As for everyone else, this is pretty cool. And it's free.
sometimes doing the right thing is difficult, avoiding every Chinese product would be difficult...but not seeing this film doesn't seem all that hard....the movie may be free but the people of China are not

Quote from: balgit on June 30, 2010, 07:48:10 AM
sometimes doing the right thing is difficult, avoiding every Chinese product would be difficult...but not seeing this film doesn't seem all that hard....the movie may be free but the people of China are not

Balgit, while I agree with your politics on this matter, I didn't post "the movie" nor did I suggest anyone else watch it. I merely posted, what I found to be, an interesting piece of music on instruments that intrigued me. No one has to watch anything they don't want to watch. 

so in a mathmatical equation.... Cat Stevens + song = Chinese Gov't. + song....correct?

Quote from: balgit on June 30, 2010, 11:59:28 AM
  so in a mathmatical equation.... Cat Stevens + song = Chinese Gov't. + song....correct?

How about in your mind?

Quote from: balgit on June 30, 2010, 11:59:28 AM

Sure, if that makes sense to you. I had no problem with your comment. I don't think a Youtube post quite equals China but I'm certainly okay if you do.
In the other case, I was referring to sentiments in a song written by someone who no longer exists, who in his new incarnation espouses much different views today. I was sorry to see the former Cat Stevens turn on another writer based on his new ideology. In case anyone thinks he has altered his views, I think you'll find that Mr. Islam has merely gotten much better grasp of the doctrine of taqqiya than he had back then but, fundamentally, nothing's changed. It's a pity when someone who has made a very handsome living as a writer taking full advantage of living in a free society goes to the dark side. As far as where his money goes these days, I'd rather none of mine joined it. Cat Stevens is dead may he rest in peace.