Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know Hagstrom's H-45?  (Read 1515 times)
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »

There is this 1962 Hagstrom H-45 (made in Sweden) in a local shop for sale. It looks like a J-45 Gibson. Does anyone know them? This one needs a neck re-set and I would like to know how the neck is joined (dove tail?) I can't find the info on the web.
Thnx

Looks like this one:

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »

Zohn, I don't know for sure about the pin bridge H-45's but the later 60's versions with the tailpeice and those God-awful Gibson style adjustable saddles had bolt on necks. That is about all the info I can give ya. Unclerob might know more. Rob?
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »

That early it would have a dove tail,bolting didn't start until 67 or 68.Not worth the dime to do a neck set on.They always sounded kinda flat and tanky.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »

The pic is not of the actual guitar, and yes, it has a glued-on bridge and a proper heel - not the tailpiece model Jonothan.
I didn't think it would be worth much, thanx Rob - the guy wants the eq of $600.  yak
 ohmy double that amount and we're into a good used J-45 territory...

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: