Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 00 Gretsch/Harmony Birch  (Read 635 times)
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »

I received this very nice guitar from Steve "Lefty Parlors" on leftyfrets.net.  It's a very nice sounding and playing guitar in excellent condition.  If you want an old-time small bodied guitar, Steve's by far the best resource, since all he puts out are lefties!

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
noyage

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »

Bluesman67 - I got an all-birch parlor from Steve some time ago.  I absolutely love it.  Light as a feather
and so responsive.  Got that old-time sound you just do not get from newer guitars.  Is yours ladder-braced?

-rick
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

Rick,

Steve just does a great job with these and he's the best to do business with.  Yes, this is ladder-braced.  I've been waiting a while with Steve to get something because I wanted the 00 size and he just doesn't get as much of those as the parlors.  You must be a forum member at leftyfrets.net then?  Mine sound good even with some well-played frets, very responsive to a light touch and excellent sustain.  I imaging that if I had the frets redone this thing would really wake up!

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

noyage

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »

Steve just does a great job with these and he's the best to do business with.  Yes, this is ladder-braced.  I've been waiting a while with Steve to get something because I wanted the 00 size and he just doesn't get as much of those as the parlors.  You must be a forum member at leftyfrets.net then?  Mine sound good even with some well-played frets, very responsive to a light touch and excellent sustain.  I imaging that if I had the frets redone this thing would really wake up!

The 00 must be killer - love the slothead.  I write southpaw but play guitar righty so I've never visited leftyfrets.net. I will check it out.  Steve sells on eBay and also on the UMGF and AGF as "letsmakepurple".  Always gassin' when he posts his wares and often wonder where he finds the old bones to begin with.

-rick
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »

Its exceeded my expectations and has a great tone. It's no Larrivee or Martin but it sounds great. I just love old guitars and I this one may come from the 50s or 60s, possibly the 40s, no way of knowing.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: